Ok, now I must get this to play Oblivion, Crysis and FO3 on!!

DaigojiGai

And my eyes, for that matter.

Exactly... It might just be me, but a screen that large on a desktop no more than a few feet away can't be good for you. Yeah, it's big, but that also means that you'll be moving alot more just to see some of the stuff listed in the corners. What was a very quick activity could be a bit slower, and more teadious. It's big enough to fill your field of view... Why not save some money and just buy a pair of 3d goggles? Additionally with a screen like that, the image would have to be distorted significantly so that what fits on a 800x600 can now fit on a 1800x600 screen. You can see the distortion on the picture. While this might also allow you to see things on the edges in focus while you're looking at the center, it's probably not as good as it sounds.

Imagine the PC you'd need to play Crysis on that thing. Either they're keeping the resolution low and it's simply being stretched across the screen, or the resolution/FOV is big and the computer running it is actually a mini-super computer! It'd be awesome for coding on!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that's something to add to my wild fantasy list.

Exactly how high would the resolution be? Would it be comparable to most HD tvs?

And what sort of power would you need to run such a high resolution? Because buying a screen like that would be pointless if your CPU and Graphics card(s) didn't have the power to give it the best resolution.

Archived