New to Skyrim (not to TES), got some questions :)

salawow

1- I would say the classes are now apart of the perk system you might be able to use anything but investing in perks is really what defines your class more or less.

3-This time around the blocking rocks for shields you can stun an enemy by shield bashing them :D .The block perks like deflecting arrows and elemental protection is nice it makes using a shield actually pretty useful now

5-They have a carriage system basically close to the same thing as morrowinds silt striders

Yes there are trainers throughout the game that will take gold for training in a certain skill and some training you can get from doing quests throughout the game also. :ninja:

Oh there is one thing to be mentioned though...smithing...be carefull with this one...there is a way to get smithing quickly to high lvls without much effort and it breaks the game since you can craft that way armors/weapons that wouldnt be normally availiable or wouldnt droped for your lvl...if you are going to lvl it up anyway take it slow :thumbsup:

Breaking the immersion with some nice jedi lightsaber on a medieval battlefield is definetly not something i'm looking for.. :P. are you actualy telling me i shouldn't use smithing at all ? or just not to use some kind of "exploiting" tricks that will level it too fast ? if there's such a "trick", what is it, so i can avoid dooing it ? Or better, is there a mod yet that can prevent me from "cheating" with smithing ?

and OH, yes :), i remember what i forgot to ask about Skyrim. Is there any skill trainers that will bring up my skill in exchange of gold Septims/money Whatever Skyrim currency is called (i play WoW too much/i need to get some sleep also :P) (i realy hated how it worked in morrowind and oblivion)

Edit: some spelling mistakes

For smithing, just take it slow. Don't craft say 100 daggers then sell them to the blacksmith right next to you just because it's cheap and easy. That will screw up your game. Likewise, don't craft an entire set of gear as soon as you can. It just levels up way too fast, so be cautious about it. I'm sure as soon as the Construction Kit gets released, one of the first mods will be an overhaul of how Smithing works.

And yes, there are skill trainers. They work the same as in Oblivion (sorry :x)

Oh there is one thing to be mentioned though...smithing...be carefull with this one...there is a way to get smithing quickly to high lvls without much effort and it breaks the game since you can craft that way armors/weapons that wouldnt be normally availiable or wouldnt droped for your lvl...if you are going to lvl it up anyway take it slow :thumbsup:

Breaking the immersion with some nice jedi lightsaber on a medieval battlefield is definetly not something i'm looking for.. :P. are you actualy telling me i shouldn't use smithing at all ? or just not to use some kind of "exploiting" tricks that will level it too fast ? if there's such a "trick", what is it, so i can avoid dooing it ? Or better, is there a mod yet that can prevent me from "cheating" with smithing ?

and OH, yes :), i remember what i forgot to ask about Skyrim. Is there any skill trainers that will bring up my skill in exchange of gold Septims/money Whatever Skyrim currency is called (i play WoW too much/i need to get some sleep also :P) (i realy hated how it worked in morrowind and oblivion)

For smithing, just take it slow. Don't craft say 100 daggers then sell them to the blacksmith right next to you just because it's cheap and easy. That will screw up your game. Likewise, don't craft an entire set of gear as soon as you can. It just levels up way too fast, so be cautious about it. I'm sure as soon as the Construction Kit gets released, one of the first mods will be an overhaul of how Smithing works.

Yes the exploit are iron daggers that dont require many resources...you can craft your smithing all the way to 100 just by doing cheap iron daggers also you are getting xp for crafting them so that means easy lvling up without any effort...so avoid them if you want to play slowly and enjoy things.

There isnt any mod on this as far as i know but its up to you how you will choose.

Edited by pavy

Yes the exploit are iron daggers that dont require many resources...you can craft your smithing all the way to 100 just by doing cheap iron daggers also you are getting xp for crafting them so that means easy lvling up without any effort...so avoid them if you want to play slowly and enjoy things.

There isnt any mod on this as far as i know but its up to you how you will choose.

Smithing is fine as long as you don't go out of your way to exploit the system and powergame. It's just a question of being sensible and making the items that you want and the items that you need (as opposed to making cheap items to level up your skill).

Smithing is a great skill, it's just that many players lack self restraint and want to max it out prematurely and then complain that it breaks the game. You will enjoy it a lot better if you don't abuse the system.

My character is level 20 and Smithing is around 50 and I've done a lot of smithing because I like the idea of my character making his own gear. What I'm saying is that the skill won't max out that fast if you don't flood the marketplace with shoddy iron daggers. ;)