Do you plan to switch to Skryim remastered/special edition?

Crossforge

Are you planning to play Skyrim Remastered/Special Edition?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be making the switch?

• Yes, I'll be switching over
    • No, I'm planning to stick to the older version

. Game from 2011 simply can't have these specs...

Except beth games.

The mod that would expand things the most for console players, Interesting NPCs, will not be ported simply because Bethesda will not be hosting any files larger than 2GB. Guess that sort of proves the "elite" nature of PC gameplay. We've got the best and you've got the rest

I don't know about the size of audio, but they can just limit the mod by removing custom resources.

I read the steam reviews of remastered versions that the gamers don't like them.

It will simply be skyrim with better textures and some add ons. The port will suck like normal. That should be it.

Edited by Boombro

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell is this?

System Requirements

• MINIMUM:
    • Processor: Intel i5-750/AMD Phenom II X4-945
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 470 1GB /AMD HD 7870 2GB
    • Storage: 12 GB available space
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel i5-2400/AMD FX-8320
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB /AMD R9 290 4GB

For built in ENB-preset? I can get one looking 10 times better which requires much less power. Game from 2011 simply can't have these specs...

its the same req as fallout 4, and it is a lot higher then it need to be, i got everything on max and i dont got a 3gb G card, then again, i always limit my beth games to 30 fps, even if not needed as it help the papyrus and is the only real improvement you can make to get better ms.

I want to see if 64 Gigs of ram will make a difference, so yes, I'll be switching.

64 engine, not 64 gigs, and one big reason is also, its DX11. fallout 4 has very good stabilty, you can have saves up at 40-50 mb whitout even having a savebloat. where 20mb is skyrim was unplayable. so ye, i hope it becomes as stable as fallout 4. pretty sure the papyrus is tweaked in some ways to. otherwise i dont see how settlements could work as they handle so much real time data. if you wanna know how much a 64bit engine can handle its about 8 tb, that number is the most realistic number. could probly be alot higher.

What the hell is this?

System Requirements

• MINIMUM:
    • Processor: Intel i5-750/AMD Phenom II X4-945
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 470 1GB /AMD HD 7870 2GB
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel i5-2400/AMD FX-8320
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB /AMD R9 290 4GB

For built in ENB-preset? I can get one looking 10 times better which requires much less power. Game from 2011 simply can't have these specs...

its the same req as fallout 4, and it is a lot higher then it need to be, i got everything on max and i dont got a 3gb G card, then again, i always limit my beth games to 30 fps, even if not needed as it help the papyrus and is the only real improvement you can make to get better ms.

My friend has overclocked GTX 980 ti with 6Gb of VRAM, Core i7-6900K and 16 GB of RAM, in Fallout 4 he drops below 40 in some areas, that is unacceptable for the visuals game has. Some people (most I think) on PC can't play below 60 FPS, for me it gives headaches and it should work on 60 if game officially supports it. There are enough complaints on overall game optimization. If they'll do same crap in Skyrim, it will be hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...