Do you plan to switch to Skryim remastered/special edition?

Crossforge

Are you planning to play Skyrim Remastered/Special Edition?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be making the switch?

• Yes, I'll be switching over
    • No, I'm planning to stick to the older version

Mods will basically already be compatible with the engine upgrades, they will just need to be run through the x64 CK from what I understand. The problem is not mod compatibility, it's that SKSE is not something that was written with 64 bit memory addresses in mind, and it would need to be recompiled. I don't think it will be long after the remaster comes out that SKSE x64 comes out, and people will already be running the mods through the CK.

I think the two things I'm most excited about are no more 3.1 gb memory limit, and the possibility that with the 32 bit limitation gone, so too will the 255 plugin limit! It occurred to me that perhaps the updated skyrim engine will use real trees. Nothing worse than having decked out ultra hq graphics, and walking up to a tree and seeing 2d branches, leaves, and pine needles. It works from a distance but they needed to do a couple more mipmaps and a lod switch from low poly to high poly 3d trees when up close, but they didn't probably because of how memory intense it would be. I'm certain the graphics technology is sufficient though, so maybe it's just laziness.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mods will basically already be compatible with the engine upgrades, they will just need to be run through the x64 CK from what I understand. The problem is not mod compatibility, it's that SKSE is not something that was written with 64 bit memory addresses in mind, and it would need to be recompiled. I don't think it will be long after the remaster comes out that SKSE x64 comes out, and people will already be running the mods through the CK.

I think the two things I'm most excited about are no more 3.1 gb memory limit, and the possibility that with the 32 bit limitation gone, so too will the 255 plugin limit! It occurred to me that perhaps the updated skyrim engine will use real trees. Nothing worse than having decked out ultra hq graphics, and walking up to a tree and seeing 2d branches, leaves, and pine needles. It works from a distance but they needed to do a couple more mipmaps and a lod switch from low poly to high poly 3d trees when up close, but they didn't probably because of how memory intense it would be. I'm certain the graphics technology is sufficient though, so maybe it's just laziness.

Unfortunately the 255 plugin limit will stay. Fallout 4 also has the 255 limit, and it's due to the way the binary code works. I saw it explained on a post about it. I can not explain it in the same way, and not sure I could find it if I tried.

I thought it had to do with the 32 bit memory address and the way the plugin index works. Dang. Way to crush my hopes and dreams bethesda!

Does FO4 have paper trees? Waiting for GOTY to purchase.

Edited by irswat

I thought it had to do with the 32 bit memory address and the way the plugin index works. Dang. Way to crush my hopes and dreams bethesda!

Does FO4 have paper trees? Waiting for GOTY to purchase.

Sorry about that.

FO4 has a lot of dead trees, but there are a few mods that makes the pre-war living trees.

But to me the game also looks very plastic like. NPCs mostly, but I think it has more to do with that way they did the textures. Faces, and hair are the worst. Some mods to help there, but not all that much.

I am in the "Wait and See" category.
I am not as astute as many here. So I NEVER buy into a game or release until I know it works. And especially since I play Skyrim with a lot of Mods I deem absolutely necessary: I will stick with what I have, and know.
I'll watch the community reaction, and see what happens before I install it.
Hell. I'm waiting for the new system before I get Blood and Wine; as my present one can barely run Witcher 3 in a satisfactory manner (it does run it ok; but not in it's full glory).

Yes for me, though I'll be getting both the XONE version and PC version. PC because it'll be free for me, and I can use it update my mods to the new version for everyone and update my private stuff for my own usage as well.

XONE version though because my PC isn't a gaming PC and honestly, Bethesda's games has always been more fun on the Xbox for me. Even with Morrowind. It's just, PC version always had mods and now that's changed... Well, I wanna give Skyrim a try on the Xbox once again just with mods. Would definably give me more of a reason to play Morrowind and Daggerfall even more often on the PC since my Skyrim progress will primarily be on the Xbox once this Remaster version comes out. Plus, I'm all for supporting Bethesda.

• 1 month later...

I couldn't be bother Read all the posts so don't Known If This As Been Posted

but rumors is

You can have both, it a separate installation

No idea if that True but why let that get way.

they will be separate and if you own Skyrim already you will get it for free otherwise you have to pay for it. the thing is why bother having both? the vanilla game is bland so without mods it isnt worth even installing. that is pretty much what the "haters" are saying and i agree with them even though i plan to use the new one... though seriously why didnt they update one of their previous games? like you know Morrowind?