Guys who play girl characters

theonecrisco

I'm a grumpy, old straight man. I've played as a youngish female archer from Morrowind on. Partly due to the oft-noted "stare at a butt for 100+ hours" thing, but part of it is the fantasy aspect. I'll never be a mighty warrior or cute ever again, but I can still play.

And stay off my lawn!

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you explain to me a bit of whats behind your wanting to play as a female character?

I have no urge what so ever to play as a female and am kind of interested in seeing what drives people to do so...?

It's all part of the RP for me. If the role necessitates a female lead, then I play a female lead.

Partly due to the oft-noted "stare at a butt for 100+ hours" thing

Why do you stare at your character's butt anyway? And do you only play in third person? I just never understand the butt thing =/

Why do you stare at your character's butt anyway? And do you only play in third person? I just never understand the butt thing =/

If you play in third person, that's what's going to be in your line-of-sight. I guess by that logic, better to have something enjoyable to stare at? Just a guess, as I play first person.

If you play in third person, that's what's going to be in your line-of-sight. I guess by that logic, better to have something enjoyable to stare at? Just a guess, as I play first person.

I play in third person only...I find first person very disorientating, can't play it, gives me a head ache....As such anyway, as a female I know I would rather be looking at a mans broad shoulders and his butt than a womans if I am to be spending that much time watching the back of my Avatar.

I am exactly like you man, wondering why people play girl characters rather than boy characters,

I like making a person who looks like myself and acts like myself for a full immersive first person experience of skyrim

People's only excuse seems to be; I like to see a girls ass and tits in third person and blah blah third person

And my answer to these people is, WHAT THE F*** are you doing playing third person in a solely first person designed series such as the elders scolls? also mentioning they dont like looking at a boys ass? excuse me but if you cant help but stare at someones ass through a thick armor you have problems

Im out.
Thats Oliyox for you ladies and gentlemens.

Well, There's zero gameplay difference, They're easier on the eyes, and.... well actually that's it.

When I play games like this, I'm not actually Role-playing as the character, I'm not projecting myself onto the character. I'm creating a character, and tend to let their actions speak for themselves, and choose the dialogue options that most fit their character; I don't so much create their character as guide it. I like to be an observer of the story, rather than being a part of the story. Don't take that to mean I don't want the protagonist to be an active participant; in a story, that's required. But for me to be immersed in a game, all I really need is a story well-told.

In a game like Skyrim, where there's no difference between a male and female character, I'll go with the one that's nicer to look at for 700+ hours.

And my answer to these people is, WHAT THE F*** are you doing playing third person in a solely first person designed series such as the elders scolls?

If they designed it to be solely first person, why did they design a third person camera at all? Or have events that pull you into third person automatically (sitting, standing, killmoves (sometimes), various crafting actions (smithing, smelting, etc.), etc.)?

I am exactly like you man, wondering why people play girl characters rather than boy characters,

I like making a person who looks like myself and acts like myself for a full immersive first person experience of skyrim

People's only excuse seems to be; I like to see a girls ass and tits in third person and blah blah third person

And my answer to these people is, WHAT THE F*** are you doing playing third person in a solely first person designed series such as the elders scolls? also mentioning they dont like looking at a boys ass? excuse me but if you cant help but stare at someones ass through a thick armor you have problems

Im out.

What i want to know is why people who use a male character, care that people use a female character . I don't play as myself in Skyrim i create a character and control that character you play as yourself so there's your answer you were wondering, wonder no more. Here's another reason if you like girls, and i do, that might be another reason to use one in game right, and they look damn good in Skyrim. Then there's all the mods for women, there's a ton on Nexus for a reason a ton of players prefer a female character deal with it people because it's not going to change and you can't stop it and why would a person want to . Finally it is a third person game and a first person game.

Im out.

And I can't understand people who try to put themselves in a game and find that 'immersive'....but I don't have a problem with them doing so, if that's what's they enjoy, then by all means play it like that...so long as their enjoying it....So why are you so concerned and affronted by how other people choose to play their first and third person game?...Funny how a 'first' person comes in 'third' person also huh.... :rolleyes: