Guys who play girl characters

theonecrisco

Could you explain to me a bit of whats behind your wanting to play as a female character?

I have no urge what so ever to play as a female and am kind of interested in seeing what drives people to do so...?

I was thinking along the same line.

Mass effect series and torchlight were always male characters. But then, if you look closely on how Skyrim is designed, it is better to play as a female character, especially when it comes down to skills like speech. Most enemies are also male, with agent of dibella one can deal 10% more damage to the opposite sex.

No, i do not like my character to run around with her breast and/or bottom bouncing and jiggling around. Yes i do have CBBE mod, just because it makes the character's curves, appearance and look much much better than default and nothing more.

Skyrim was the first game i played with a female character, and i like it, it works in Skyrim. Not sure if there are any advantages in mass effect or torchlight series, need to check on that.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While ive made characters of both genders, I seem to prefer female characters.

I think it is because I like to play heroic characters (Lightside in KotoR, Paragon in ME) and to me female characters always comes off as more heroic.

Because I measure heroism with how many hurdles my hero has to overcome and women have more obstacles than men, both physical and social.

There is also that I prefer to solve problems with diplomacy and smarts, using violence as a last resort, and that just fit better with a female character.

I play male characters. I am male. I tend to see aspects of myself, or aspects of my "ideal" self in the characters I create. Never once have I ever desired to be some buxom thong swallowing strumpet within a video game. I have tried the occasional female character for story or immersion, but it starts to feel strange very quickly and I end up switching back to a Male character. Games like Tomb Raider are different. There is no character creation there. It's like i'm reading a book. I don't identify with the character like I do in a game where I create the main character.

To the individuals who play girl characters just to stare at an ass or breast... grow up. Go get your ass and breast watching done separately like everyone else. I find it bizarre that people work so hard to combine the two. Nudity mods are ok IMO for immersion (removing the default small clothes of the NPCS for example) but I have seen countless mods here that are just way way over the top with the nudity and the warping of the female body. Seriously... it's absurd. I also find all the countless screen shots of all the bikini/thong clad female warriors trudging through the harsh climes of Skyrim battling dragons clad only in their high heels and thongs to be incredibly silly.

I also don't get the Anime/Manga/Hentai injection into Skyrim that goes on. Why go out of your way to bring that into Skyrim, when it already exists elsewhere?

I am not trying to hate, just trying to understand. I see these trends and so many people blindly follow them. I like to think that there are others like me out there that do not follow trends as easily as so many others seem to do, but I don't think there are.

And i find it very hard to find a decent armor for my female character. Jeez the amount of skimpy and semi nude mods is around what...95% now?

sure, playing as a female character has big advantages in skyrim (speech, more damage etc), but it does not mean i enjoy staring at my character's ass in 3rd person. The max i would go is the acient nord armor (alea the huntress), that is the max in terms of exposure i would go.

I just want a nice barbarian armor for my girl, something that would match her huge two handed battleaxe, do not give me a nice top and a thong, or a top that barely covers her nipples and covered legs and what not. Give me a proper female armor, light, barbaric and suiting skyrim's atmosphere. Those undies, bras and bikinis are better left to the real world, not in game.

I play male characters. I am male. I tend to see aspects of myself, or aspects of my "ideal" self in the characters I create. Never once have I ever desired to be some buxom thong swallowing strumpet within a video game. I have tried the occasional female character for story or immersion, but it starts to feel strange very quickly and I end up switching back to a Male character. Games like Tomb Raider are different. There is no character creation there. It's like i'm reading a book. I don't identify with the character like I do in a game where I create the main character.

To the individuals who play girl characters just to stare at an ass or breast... grow up. Go get your ass and breast watching done separately like everyone else. I find it bizarre that people work so hard to combine the two. Nudity mods are ok IMO for immersion (removing the default small clothes of the NPCS for example) but I have seen countless mods here that are just way way over the top with the nudity and the warping of the female body. Seriously... it's absurd. I also find all the countless screen shots of all the bikini/thong clad female warriors trudging through the harsh climes of Skyrim battling dragons clad only in their high heels and thongs to be incredibly silly.

I also don't get the Anime/Manga/Hentai injection into Skyrim that goes on. Why go out of your way to bring that into Skyrim, when it already exists elsewhere?

I am not trying to hate, just trying to understand. I see these trends and so many people blindly follow them. I like to think that there are others like me out there that do not follow trends as easily as so many others seem to do, but I don't think there are.

And i find it very hard to find a decent armor for my female character. Jeez the amount of skimpy and semi nude mods is around what...95% now?

sure, playing as a female character has big advantages in skyrim (speech, more damage etc), but it does not mean i enjoy staring at my character's ass in 3rd person. The max i would go is the acient nord armor (alea the huntress), that is the max in terms of exposure i would go.

I just want a nice barbarian armor for my girl, something that would match her huge two handed battleaxe, do not give me a nice top and a thong, or a top that barely covers her nipples and covered legs and what not. Give me a proper female armor, light, barbaric and suiting skyrim's atmosphere. Those undies, bras and bikinis are better left to the real world, not in game.

WORD!! Exactly.

The few times I considered making a Female character in Skyrim, I looked at the available clothing/armor mods for Female characters and 95% or more fell into the skimpy-thong/spiky bikini or Skimpy Anime genres. It's obvious that many people are drawn towards very specific and revealing content. One of the few female clothing mods that stood out as being almost perfect was that one ranger outfit that was from Witcher 2. I forget what it's called but it's very popular on the nexus. I always wanted something similar for a male ranger type of character. Don't get me wrong... I like thongs and bikini's and all that, but just not when i'm playing Skyrim

I swear there is a College thesis somewhere in this debate. I can see the title now... "Gender Role reversals in Role playing games and what it reveals about the Participant."

do not give me a nice top and a thong

Most definitely. I really dislike seeing so many "armors" that have next to nothing down below. Starts to make all the armors look like clones of each other. I need armor darn it >.< There are so many armors I would have loved if not for the near complete lack of anything covering down there. Sometimes if only just a little more coverage at least would have gone a long ways, while the rest of the armor was beautiful.

"A nice top and thong" describes it nicely. Of course if I don't like it I simply don't use it, but some times it's just really irritating how nice the rest of the armor is and I can't help but imagine the armor in a more sensible way. I wish I could mod, then I might just 'fill it in' myself for my own use (Not uploading the armor since it's not mine, just 'fixing' it for myself).

I play both. Orcs, Redguard, and beast races are always male and usually heavy armor/big weapons. Nords and imperials can go either way and are also warrior types. Bretons and elves are almost exclusively female and are mage, thief, assassin types. I don't know where in my head this comes from but it's been like that since Morrowind.

Me personally, I put a lot of hours into these games, and like it has been stated, I want something easy on the eyes. Some of the MMORPGs I play have sex change scrolls, so you can switch back n forth. Here it's more permanent so I go with the female gender. Mods have a lot to play into it as well. More female customization exists than male. It also sort of breaks the mold, kind of like Columbiana/Long Kiss Goodnight/Salt as to Mission Impossible/Jason Bourne/James Bond. Not to often do you see a female who looks good, kicks ass and gets the job done. Yet we wonder why Lara Croft and Tomb Raider was such a major hit, and has permanency in our memories.

Edited by hubsabubs

This skimpy armour whinge about "there aren't enough proper armours for females"... take a look at Immersive Armours. It is the #1 armour mod for Skyrim, and has proper armour in it! The armours that do expose vital organs do so for both genders, so I can hardly think of an excuse to whine about that either.