Skyrim isn't dumbed down. Purists are.

Goliath978

Skyrim is not dumbed down. It doesn't have pointless stats. Or pointless numbers. It has a lot more depth than Morrowind or Obliion combined, but for the misguided fool it may seem that fewer pointless numbers or stats mean the game is dumbed down. It's actually much deeper and more time can be spent ENJOYING the game, not the most pointless thing and something that I simply couldn't give a sh it about: the levels. I don't know what level I am. I just immerse into the world and if you'd stop trying to play it like dungeons and dragons or world of warnerd you'd be able to play 100hrs and have just breached the surface of things to do. Not levels to complete, but adventures.

Classes are pointless too.

All it is is purist fever: the core fans hate change and if it ain't a reskin of the favorite it's not a true sequel or is "dumbed down" as many purists are saying about Skyrim.

Same problem in any game community. I played morrowind lots too...great...in that level never cared about my level, and there was so mug less depth than oblivion. If you stop caring about the useless: levels and numbers and text, you'll see Skyrim kicks the sh it out of morrowind.

Edited by Goliath978

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skyrim's hardly dumbed down.

Consolized, yes, but not dumbed down. People are complaining about blade and blunt being removed, well that's hardly dumbed down unless you refer to putting it into one skill and handling the diversion through perks 'dumbed down'.

Any way this is an endless argument, so I'm not gonna say anymore than that.

It's a personal view in this matter like in most cases...for me there are things that got dumbed down...for example the character creation is poor in terms of being able to edit a face to my liking...but on the other side im very pleased how the game turned out...i was expecting a disaster...im glad i was wrong.

I wasnt able to play vanila oblivion, but skyrim is on a different level even though there are still some oblivionish things that i dont like...its fun without mods !!

Now i cant wait for the CK to come. :)

I love skyrim its my fav. TES game and been playing TES since daggerfall but you're wrong its dumbed down.

Tada.

See youre looking for the pointless things too. Gosh the time of rpg gMes being math drills is over! Ignore the dang levels and stupid stats. Skyrim will suddenly appear to have more depth than you may think. This ain't runescape

Any way this is an endless argument...

Indeed. It's all a matter of personal preference and it's a single player-game. Do what you want and don't worry about what others are doing. Why debate it in a forum?

Did...you just write this to start arguments?

I agree. Why write a post like this? Why get on a soap box and say that "My way of playing is best"?

Share how you play without passing judgment on everyone else. Me, I like to keep track of how I'm doing, what level I am, what I gain by achieving those things. Self-identity is big for me, measuring progressions is too. Not so much for others.

It seems to me that Skyrim is flexible enough to satisfy all styles of play. It so smoothly done that is seems simple.