[request] More Songs for Bard's

FireBug3

If you are making singing companions, you should make that an optional file, when this mod is created. I only want bards singing more stuff in inns, not adoring fans. :D

I agree with you Omeletter. I think Skyrim simply needs more bards singing more tunes in more places. Maybe the idea of additional quests and backstories with bards is clutter. Anyway, this is my song "Under the Sign of the Lady." I picture two bards singing outside in front of a building with a few people standing around watching. The main bard plays lute and sings while the other plays violin and backup sings.

http://www.mediafire.com/?d962k7h3svqo3li

Lyrics:

Under the Sign of the Lady

I wanted everything

and ended up with nothing

I was only left with my song

In a land torn by war

only one thing is for sure

that the fighting will carry on

And now I ride to the West

Knowing I am blessed

Under the sign of the Lady

Still I ride on

Singing my old song

For I know I ride under the Sign of the Lady

This horse has been mine

For oh so many nights

We have ridden through the fires

And the rain will fall down

Leaving pain enough to drown

But still we carry on

And now I ride to the West

Knowing I am blessed

Under the sign of the Lady

Still I ride on

Singing my old song

For I know I ride under the Sign of the Lady

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mentioned a few ideas for a bard companion in another thread, but I thought I'd throw it in here as well.

- I think it'd be fun if the bard companion worked somewhat like a standard fantasy bard in that they sing songs and you get buffs.

- They start off with only one or two songs. ("The Dragonborn Comes" maybe)

- As you complete quests, the bard composes new songs based on the outcome. For example, after completing the Companions quest arc, your bard learns "The Harbinger Enters Saavangrad" (or some such)

- Asking your bard to inspire you by playing these songs gives the player different bonuses. So "The Staff and The Eye" (after completing Mage's College quests) might give bonuses to destruction damage and magicka regeneration, whereas "The Emperor's End" (after completing the Dark Brotherhood quests) might add bonuses sneak attacks. Only one bonus can be active at a time (like ritual stones, perhaps even overriding them). Obviously, they go away if the companion leaves your service.

- You can also ask them to sing any of the songs they know without changing the bonus. Maybe even set them on shuffle/repeat.

- Being bards, they hear a lot of things. So, it'd be great to have a dialogue option to learn about various quests and jobs and such

Player: Know of any jobs?

Bard: I hear the Jarl of Whiterun is offering a bounty on a nearby dragon. (quest given, kill the dragon, return to Jarl for reward)

Player: Any rumors flying around?

Bard: People are saying that Aventus Aretino from Windhelm is trying to summon the Dark Brotherhood. (Quest received)

- Proficient in light armor, sneak, restoration (try to healing hands you if you're injured), and lock picking. Maybe a speechcraft trainer? However, doesn't help out in combat (aside from bonuses and the occasional healing)

Name for mod: Bards Enhanced

I think that it should use this name, as Enhanced usually means better, especially in modding. It's not my mod I know, but a suggestion for a name. After all, the main point of the mod is to add more song varieties to bards. The singing adoring fans would be optional, right?

@DigitalZombie That sounds like a good idea. I may have to give it a shot. In the meantime, here is the first concept demo I've done for the character. Hopefully it drips with ego, self-agrandizement, while being rather ridiculous. Phillipis Fullwoode is the name I came up with for the character.

Demo

excellent, this mod going to be awesome.

I think one of the songs you should record with this character is the "Lusty Argonian Maid".

Reading this was the most ridiculous thing Ive ever heard of... absolutely absurd. So I spent 5 minutes and made the song....

http://www.mediafire.com/?86u6uez3qed1ddc

She was busty

And thirsty

For the company of men

That lusty argonian maid

She is a fighter

A biter

A cold blooded blighter

That lusty argonian maid

She will greet you

And seat you

And then she will eat you

That lusty argonian maid

She will love you and tempt you

With her claws and her tail

That lusty darn argonian maid

When I awoke I was naked and broke so I stayed hid

darn you Argonian maid

Now I think of her nightly

and though she would fight me

i want you Argonian Maid

@DigitalZombie That sounds like a good idea. I may have to give it a shot. In the meantime, here is the first concept demo I've done for the character. Hopefully it drips with ego, self-agrandizement, while being rather ridiculous.

Phillipis Fullwoode is the name I came up with for the character.

Demo

I can't even believe I'm not krinkling my toes. Good work, my man.