ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

[REQ] Adding a new filter beside Adult-Content.

m3th0d2008

I did read your entire post, and several times to be sure of precisely what you were TRYING to convey. And, my interpretation is that you want us to censor the site to YOUR personal specification - that means that you should have final say as to whether a mod is 'silly' or not. And if YOU decide it is 'silly' we should instantly kowtow to your demand and remove it.

Who decides what constitutes silly stuff? You? Me? someone else? (who?) Anyone who thinks any mod they decide is silly? And who decides what is 'immersion breaking' whatever that is. Again, you want to censor the site and allow you to decide what should be removed and what should be allowed based on your criteria? Please allow others the courtesy of having their own fantasy yours is not the only possible one that exists.

BTW, if "silly stuff" on a game website causes you to grind your teeth, You need to see a shrink - and a dentist. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/rolleyes.gif

I repeat it again, since you totally didn't get it (again!) and accuse me of stuff I've never did or said (Ty again for that btw):

The modders would decide this themselves. Adding two options for Lore/Theme-Friendly and Lore/Theme-Unfriendly can't be too hard and I would be surprised if this would be too big of a deal for them. And a user could just filter them. Just like the adult content.

The admins could just add filters for tags via checkboxes, this way everyone will be happy, no need for censoring.

http://i43.tinypic.com/kcdkco.jpg

There you go :thumbsup:

Edited by m3th0d2008

The modders would decide this themselves. Adding two options for Lore/Theme-Friendly and Lore/Theme-Unfriendly can't be too hard and I would be surprised if this would be too big of a deal for them. And a user could just filter them. Just like the adult content.

And who decides if a mod is "Lore Friendly" enough when there's a dispute?

And who decides if a mod is "Lore Friendly" enough when there's a dispute?

Since you swinged the banhammer today in the comments section of some Anime themed mod, at people who feel like me but weren't capable of controlling themselves, I'm extremely surprised to see such a cheap attempt from you.

Edited by m3th0d2008

Since you swinged the banhammer today in the comments section of some Anime themed mod, at people who feel like me but weren't capable of controlling themselves, I'm extremely surprised to see such a cheap attempt from you.

What's that got to do with a lore-friendly debate/dispute?

Besides, if one cannot control oneself when posting here, maybe one shouldn't bother posting at all, yes?

This is a mature site, not 4chan.

My point was that NO ONE here is qualified to determine what mods are or aren't "good enough", or "lore-friendly enough", or "appropriate enough". (Except Dark0ne, of course!)

As long as the content is within the Terms of Service, (and if it contains certain material it is tagged as "Adult") then it can be posted. And anyone who tries to tell others that their contributions don't belong is not welcome.

If a mod is tagged with the "Weapon" category, but it's actually a combat tweak, that's an error the Staff might feel justified in correcting. While it is a judgement call, it's not a value judgement.

But when I post my Arthurian-themed armour mod and tag it as "Lore-Friendly" because I think it fits right into Tamriel, and you think that's ridiculous and Report it, who judges? And when I argue with you in the public forums because I feel slighted by your comments, how is that helpful? And when we both get banned for insulting each other, everyone loses. :confused:

What's that got to do with a lore-friendly debate/dispute?

Besides, if one cannot control oneself when posting here, maybe one shouldn't bother posting at all, yes?

This is a mature site, not 4chan.

Gimme a break :rolleyes:

If someone puts up a giant purple banana as a replacement for an Greatsword (in DragonAge for example), tags it as Lore-Friendly and it gets (obviously) disputed... what's there to debate. So please :rolleyes:

And "those people" are irrelevant for this topic.

My point was that NO ONE here is qualified to determine what mods are or aren't "good enough", or "lore-friendly enough", or "appropriate enough". (Except Dark0ne, of course!)

As long as the content is within the Terms of Service, (and if it contains certain material it is tagged as "Adult") then it can be posted. And anyone who tries to tell others that their contributions don't belong is not welcome.

If a mod is tagged with the "Weapon" category, but it's actually a combat tweak, that's an error the Staff might feel justified in correcting. While it is a judgement call, it's not a value judgement.

But when I post my Arthurian-themed armour mod and tag it as "Lore-Friendly" because I think it fits right into Tamriel, and you think that's ridiculous and Report it, who judges? And when I argue with you in the public forums because I feel slighted by your comments, how is that helpful? And when we both get banned for insulting each other, everyone loses. :confused:

I totally understand what you mean. Personally, I wouldn't call your Arthurian-themed armour Lore-Friendly. More like Theme-Friendly since wouldn't be totally out of place ;) .

But this could happen to almost every single tag-search option if you're honest. You could say this to already existing tag options too.

Edited by m3th0d2008

... But this could happen to almost every single tag-search option if you're honest. You could say this to already existing tag options too.

Yes, yes you could. :thumbsup:

Which is why establishing more such tags and filters becomes a never-ending, (and losing) effort which creates, rather than saving work.

I support the OP's request, he's probably referring to all the anime/lolicon stuff that's always flooding the nexus sites sooner or later. You have to scroll through pages and pages of that stuff before you get to the real mods that actually add lore-friendly or plausible content to the games.

"Lolicon"? Seriously, "lolicon"?

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

I support the OP's request, he's probably referring to all the anime/lolicon stuff that's always flooding the nexus sites sooner or later. You have to scroll through pages and pages of that stuff before you get to the real mods that actually add lore-friendly or plausible content to the games.

"Lolicon"? Seriously, "lolicon"?

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

actually have seen mods officially removed from the nexus for being "lolicon" - even if that term was not used in the removal/ban notice.

so in that sense - a "lolicon" tag (which translates as "ban me please") would be useful to the moderators/admin -- but its still just easier to "report" the file in the first place

Edited by Fonger