Imperial VS Stormcloak

Jackal2233

Well I was going back and forth a lot till I discovered:

1. Ulfric used to be a Thalmor "asset"

2. The current queen secretly still accepts Talos as a god.

3. Ulfric wants to attack while the legion prefers dialog.

4. During the neutrality discussion (part of the main quest, if you don't side with anyone) the Empire bends over backwards to achieve Peace, while Ulfric just looks out for himself.

5. During the above you also notice the Empire sees the Thalmor as a necessary evil.

6. Rikke >> Ulfrics sidekick :P

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This made my choice even easier, when I learned that the legion is friends with the Thalmor.

I'd like to point out that the Legion is friends with the Thalmor in the same way that the Iraqi are friends with the Americans. They are tollerated for the moment, but everyone in the legion views this civil war as detracting from the greater war against the Thalmor. I haven't sopken to a single Legionare who wouldn't hestitate to run a Thalmor through the chest if given the chance.

The hate of the Dominion is universal. The differance is the Empire is willing to tollerate them while they gather the strength to put them down for good.

Let me make these clear for you that don't understand. THE IMPERIAL LEGION IS AT A CEASEFIRE WITH THE THALMOR, there is NO friendship or alliance between the two. The Legion made the decision to live to fight another day (which is their plans). I don't know how many times people that see the big picture have to explain it to those that are like REBEL! The Empire does care about its people, that's why they are at a ceasefire, otherwise all man would be dead. The Emperor is not a coward ::SPOILER ALERT:: if you do the Dark Brotherhood quests, one of your quests is to assassinate the Emperor. He sees you and is fully willing to accept his death. That is not cowardice. He did what he had to in order to keep man alive.

He did what he had to in order to keep man alive.

Hammerfell would disagree with that last assessment.

As a technicality, the Redguard aren't men... Their a differance race altogether...

Still, the Redguard have a mentality of fighting to the death, even when a strategic withdrawl would be better int he long run. This is largely because the Re Gada, the mainland Reguard, are decended from the warriors of their culture, and are extremely proud and militaristic. The more diplomatic, long term perspective of the Empire probably offended the Redguard's martial pride. As a matter of fact, it was this mentality of the Redguard that led to Talos so easially capturing Hammerfell...

The Redguard broke off the Empire because they banned the worship of Talos. The Empire didn't like this (they are kind of one of the Empire's supports) and attacked to try and regain control and failed miserably. I know the Empire has it's flaws, but they are trying to help whether it be with force or not. And Lachdonin, There are only three types of races Man, Mer, and Beastfolk. Correct me if I'm wrong but they do fall under Man. I won't argue with someone that is a Redguard as I don't want someone arguing with me about the Dunmer.

Ah the Dunmer... Closest Mer to my heart...

Anyway, the Redguard are decended from the inhabitants of Yogouda (I'm probably spelling that wrong) and though they have interbred with humans. The Crowns, whats left of them anyway, still maintain laregly pure bloodlines, and look less human than the Mer. In fact, their supposed to have metalic skin... Anyway, the overwhelming majority of Redguards are a hybrid race, and while classified as men they are not true men in the same way the Nords and Imperials are. They are closer to the Bretons, who are in fact a cross between Men and Mer.

Their exact reasons for seperating are open for debate as well. Worship of Talos wasn't really that overwheliming in Hammerfell, but they do not take backing down lightly. As such, i view the signing of the Concordant, rather than the specifics of it, to be the reason the Redguard seperated.

Edited by Lachdonin

Thank you, I haven't gone real deep into the Redguard lore and it is Yokuda for future reference. I knew it had to do something with the White Gold Concordant. The Redguard are good and if they joined back up with the Empire, it would help them immensely for the next fight against the Thalmor. As previously said by someone, it will take the uniting of the other provinces to do defeat them.

. As previously said by someone, it will take the uniting of the other provinces to do defeat them.

Or a giant brass golem powered by the soul of a battle mage that is impervious to magic and all but indistructable with mundane weapons :P

True. But I think the unity is more realistic right now. :P