Imperial VS Stormcloak

Jackal2233

the "who won?" question isn't that important.

the lore will probably just say that "the civil war in Skyrim weakened the Empire and allowed the Dominion to invade Cyrodiil again"

I could see bethesda using the defeat of Alduin to cause a dragonbreak, meaning both sides won. Probably Skyrim remains part of the Empire, but with significant Autonomy.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For goddamn sake i always support the empire,

Plenty if reason, such,

1. Not as racist as stormcloak

2. What happens to the future of tamriel when stormcloak ruled them?

If stormcloak ruled tamriel, i just feel a pity to the other race, especcialy elf

Or since stormcloak is no friend of other race coZ to racist..

The aldmeri dominion will easily destroy the stormcloak

Even empire cannot stop them, what about stormcloak then?

Oh yeah and third,

I like they just wearing one type of weapon per soldier ;D

Edited by AzureBlueray

I could see bethesda using the defeat of Alduin to cause a dragonbreak, meaning both sides won. Probably Skyrim remains part of the Empire, but with significant Autonomy.

Oh, that would be great, actually. Better than simply saying "there was a mess and then the Dominion invaded and lol fare thee well, Skyrim".

Well.... if something has to cause a Dragon Break it might as well involve breaking an actual dragon.

*kill me*.......*I am in bad pun Hell.* T_T

'its okay. Here, let me offer a pirate laugh of support: har har har!

Plenty if reason, such,

If stormcloak ruled tamriel, i just feel a pity to the other race, especcialy elf

Oh yeah and third,

No. See below.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zoVln11tz0dA5UoR_Km_RR7CMWvzJCTF-Dus8gLrI3g/edit?pli=1

Although that article, for some reason, doesn't include the statement of how hostile Skyrim is, and how easily defended it is.

Plenty if reason, such,

Oh yeah and third,

I agree with you to some extent. After the Civil War when Titus Mede steps into Solitude, Ulfric says he doesn't want to risk "Bringing the entire Empire down on Skyrim" by killing the Emperor. So, I would say if the Stormcloaks aren't strong enough to take on the entire Empire then any chance of stopping or attacking the Dominion would be out of Ulfric's reach. As the Dominion by all counts, is at least as strong or perhaps somewhat stronger than the Empire. I wasn't very happy when I heard him say that, because even after we just won, it means that Ulfric is saying the Empire is still far stronger than the Stormcloaks, even without Skyrim's help. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Ulfric however, until the Stormcloaks get established in Skyrim they are going to be vulnerable, but if they push too hard this could turn much of the populace against them.

Edited by SunKiller

Plenty if reason, such,

Oh yeah and third,

I agree with you to some extent. After the Civil War when Titus Mede steps into Solitude, Ulfric says he doesn't want to risk "Bringing the entire Empire down on Skyrim" by killing the Emperor. So, I would say if the Stormcloaks aren't strong enough to take on the entire Empire then any chance of stopping or attacking the Dominion would be out of Ulfric's reach. As the Dominion by all counts, is at least as strong or perhaps somewhat stronger than the Empire. I wasn't very happy when I heard him say that, because even after we just won, it means that Ulfric is saying the Empire is still far stronger than the Stormcloaks, even without Skyrim's help. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Ulfric however, until the Stormcloaks get established in Skyrim they are going to be vulnerable, but if they push too hard this could turn much of the populace against them.

Firstly, 400 posts on my part. Not sure why anyone cares but whatever.

On to business. The Empire, unlike the Dominion, has two borders with Skyrim, meaning it does not need to occupy a province and maintain supply lines to invade Skyrim again. Similarly, as most of Ulfrics forces would be committed to Haffingar, Pale Pass would probably be relatively lightly manned (in comparison to what it could be). Similarly, the death of the Emporer is implied (or so I'd imagine) to actually enrage the entire population of Cyrodiil. That said, I have no idea what the Cyrodiilic psyche would be like at the moment, with the presumed economic depression and gang wars (they could very probably be war weary).

Nonetheless, yes, ulfric admits that Skyrim will need to rebuild itself following the civil war, and his claim that there will be peace for a period of time would seem justified, considering Cyrodiil would probably remain a sufficient buffer zone for a few months at the very least (perhaps a few years, even). With the inevitable decline of the Empire, a 'grab for cyrodiil', would probably help Skyrim's economy to recover (and give it a strategic position in Bruma).

On the topic of recovering economies, would Tony Cliff's 'Permanent Arms' theory be applicable to the TES universe? If so, Skyrim;s economy (and Hmmerfell's, for that matter), could recover very quickly.

Firstly, 400 posts on my part. Not sure why anyone cares but whatever.

On to business. The Empire, unlike the Dominion, has two borders with Skyrim, meaning it does not need to occupy a province and maintain supply lines to invade Skyrim again. Similarly, as most of Ulfrics forces would be committed to Haffingar, Pale Pass would probably be relatively lightly manned (in comparison to what it could be). Similarly, the death of the Emporer is implied (or so I'd imagine) to actually enrage the entire population of Cyrodiil. That said, I have no idea what the Cyrodiilic psyche would be like at the moment, with the presumed economic depression and gang wars (they could very probably be war weary).

Nonetheless, yes, ulfric admits that Skyrim will need to rebuild itself following the civil war, and his claim that there will be peace for a period of time would seem justified, considering Cyrodiil would probably remain a sufficient buffer zone for a few months at the very least (perhaps a few years, even). With the inevitable decline of the Empire, a 'grab for cyrodiil', would probably help Skyrim's economy to recover (and give it a strategic position in Bruma).

On the topic of recovering economies, would Tony Cliff's 'Permanent Arms' theory be applicable to the TES universe? If so, Skyrim;s economy (and Hmmerfell's, for that matter), could recover very quickly.

The death of the Emperor has other consequences: considering that it was a High Council member who hired the Dark Brotherhood to assassinate the Emperor it is fairly safe to assume that there are other Council members who also aspire to succeed Titus Mede II on the throne. This will probably lead to some sort of war of succession or power struggle (and no, I do not believe that the council members' sense of responsibility for the Empire as a whole will surpass their ambition to elevate themselves).

Could it be a hint from Bethesda that the final Dark Brotherhood quest is named 'To Kill an Empire' and not 'To Kill an Emperor'?

considering the last time an Emperor died with no Heir (Martin Septim) it lead to 168 years of bloody conflict with new Emperors rising and falling until Titus Mede "won" its pretty much a given the Empire is going to be in a very bad place no matter who wins Skyrims civil war...