Tutorial - Adding objects in cells for Skyrim

Xylozi

If you've tested your plugin, you might have realised that the cell name is now corrupt. To fix this, you will need to use your Location's ID to find its record, and edit the 'FULL' property. Double click it to open the hex editor, tick 'Insert Mode' and in the right hand side, type in the proper cellname. If there is a symbol present in-game after doing this, edit the 'FULL' property again, go to the left hand side of the hex editor (remember to tick 'Insert Mode') and click on the last pairing, and type 00. This should fix it.

Can you please advise which part of that info would I edit to make say, a lockpick more expensive to buy? Thanks.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got the same problem as the poster above. I don't have FNV and FMVEdit refuses to work for me (it's looking for a registry key when it opens and there's nothing I can do from within the program). Can someone please explain how to set up the dummy directories/registry key/whatever is needed to make it work? Would be much appreciated.

If you lack the registration key do this:

1) Start -> Run

2) regedit

3) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bethesda Softworks\

4) Create a new key(right click bethesda softworks, new->key) named 'FalloutNV'

5) Create a string within FalloutNV folder named 'Installed Path'

6) For the value, put wherever you wish to work on skyrim mods. For example, I used: D:\My Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\

Now close regedit and launch fnvedit again. This time it will spew an error or 2 or 3. But they will be useful errors like "could not find file fallout.exe at D:\My Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\"

Now just follow the directions of the errors and fix them as necessary.

Eventually it will launch just fine, but it will not load any of your mods. Create a folder called 'Data' within the folder you used at step #6. Ie: D:\My Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Data\

Inside add Skyrim.esm(the main file used for skyrim).

Relaunch fnvedit.

Anyone know how to place non-respawn containers that won't delete items I put in them?

I have placed a few containers in my Proudspire Manor, but I'm worried that items I put in will disapear.

I've put some junk items in there and they haven't dissapeared yet, but I'm still hesitant to put stuff I want to keep.

Thank you for your time.

Anyone know how to place non-respawn containers that won't delete items I put in them?

I have placed a few containers in my Proudspire Manor, but I'm worried that items I put in will disapear.

I've put some junk items in there and they haven't dissapeared yet, but I'm still hesitant to put stuff I want to keep.

Thank you for your time.

Open console. Click on your container. Type player.setownership. Close console. Voila!

I have all sorts of falmer and dwemer chests in my modified Abandoned House and so far no problems with items respawning/disappearing. Just make a habit of setting ownership on any container you spawn.

Edited by direborne

Sweet, thanks mate.

One more thing, anyone had anyluck with weapon plaques or mannequins?

Oh, and I'm having trouble finding the objectid of shelves, not the wall mounted shelves, but the standing kind.

I tried using the old gbo (getbaseobject) command but it seems it's not included in skyrim.

Edited by Trooperuss

not sure if i should ask here or start a new topic but anyways how would you go about removing objects barrels,crates, from interior cells using tessnip

dont worry found what i need must be going blind :)

If you lack the registration key do this:

1) Start -> Run

2) regedit

3) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bethesda Softworks\

4) Create a new key(right click bethesda softworks, new->key) named 'FalloutNV'

5) Create a string within FalloutNV folder named 'Installed Path'

6) For the value, put wherever you wish to work on skyrim mods. For example, I used: D:\My Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\

Now close regedit and launch fnvedit again. This time it will spew an error or 2 or 3. But they will be useful errors like "could not find file fallout.exe at D:\My Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\"

Now just follow the directions of the errors and fix them as necessary.

Eventually it will launch just fine, but it will not load any of your mods. Create a folder called 'Data' within the folder you used at step #6. Ie: D:\My Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Data\

Inside add Skyrim.esm(the main file used for skyrim).

Relaunch fnvedit.

Followed these instructions but they didnt work. I keep getting errors that I cant fix because I dont have Fallout. I thought this was a solution for that. Missing Fallout .ini? Well.... I cant really place that there without that game. I tried a blank text document saved as an ini named Fallout. That just gave me an assload of other errors. Help?

--EDIT--

got it nvm

Edited by ADeadlierSnake