If a dragon kills an NPC, is it permanent?

draedic

I know that town guards killed by dragons do not respawn. A dead Whiterun guard stayed in the middle of the street for a full game week. I got tired of hearing the NPCS saying 'Oh NO! What happened?' and 'Oh NO! A dead body!' so I stashed him under the bridge. For whatever reason consoling 'disable' didn't work on him.

Yes, I had a quest recipient killed by marauding dragons, I found out because suddenly the quest marker (and the quest entry in the journal) dissapeared. Thankfully it's just a minor fetch-type quest.

I spawned a large battle but didn't save first, now I'm stuck with the aftermath. I'll throw the bodies in the river if they hang around too long.

For fun I threw a dead guy I found ("Breton") down DarkWater Pass, an immense waterfall near Riften, but the body just kept going and going, I was walking down by the river waaaaay north of that and it floated past me!!

I spawned a large battle but didn't save first, now I'm stuck with the aftermath. I'll throw the bodies in the river if they hang around too long.

For fun I threw a dead guy I found ("Breton") down DarkWater Pass, an immense waterfall near Riften, but the body just kept going and going, I was walking down by the river waaaaay north of that and it floated past me!!

That's excellent, I'm going to see how far this lot travel. :thumbsup: