Where was Babette?

Txtairintxt

She was out on a mission. My theory is that Sofie, the flower girl in Windhelm, is actually Babette in disguise, waiting by the gate for Nils the wood chopper to pass by so she can carry out a contract on him :)

She was out on a mission. My theory is that Sofie, the flower girl in Windhelm, is actually Babette in disguise, waiting by the gate for Nils the wood chopper to pass by so she can carry out a contract on him :smile:

This explains, why i found her sleeping on the ground. I thought like "Seriously Bethesda? U care so much about children and this girl just sleeps here outside on the snow. And nobody cares about her. Townsfolk and guards, somebody?"

Someone should check, if she is a vampire. That is an interesting point.

What AlduinWorldEater said. Otherwise, she would be dead as the others. It is why the first mod I installed was the kill children mod. Really though, I wish it would have been so that she was taken prisoner instead of killed since the dumb imperials thought she was just some juvenile delinquent. It could have turned into an interesting quest.

What AlduinWorldEater said. Otherwise, she would be dead as the others. It is why the first mod I installed was the kill children mod. Really though, I wish it would have been so that she was taken prisoner instead of killed since the dumb imperials thought she was just some juvenile delinquent. It could have turned into an interesting quest.

While I don't mind, that you can't hurt children, having Babette taken prisoner instead of her simply being absent would have been a fun idea.

• 3 years later...

Babette wasn't there if you destroy them... babette wasn't... OH MY GOOOOODDD!!!! If the destroy the dark brotherhood is the canon ending for that questline, then that will be the explanation for it's existence in TES:VI !!!!!!!!! damn I'm good.

I think the Dark Brotherhood and Thevies Guild are in danger of becoming overused. I would prefer Elder Scrolls VI to be happening at the exact same time as Elder Scrolls V so we don't have to worry about these conflicting canon choices

• 4 weeks later...

Being an ancient vampire but still locked in a child body means that if it came down to a hand-hand fight she'd have to rely almost entirely on magic and sneak attacks to work or run away. Even if she was around at the time of the attack she'd more or less be forced to turn herself invisible and either wait it out or hopefully pick off the occasional unaware imperial soldier.

Bethesda had to make her MIA during the fight because she is still technically counted as a child-race NPC.

I would have loved to see her in action though, maybe turn into a pint sized vampire lord and start moping up the legion with vampire drain and a few destruction spells.

I would have loved to see her in action though, maybe turn into a pint sized vampire lord and start moping up the legion with vampire drain and a few destruction spells.

After completing the DB quests I would run into her feeding along the road every so often. One night she appeared near a sabercat. Out of boredom I hid and used Throw Voice to aggro the sabercat in Babbette's direction. I ended up thoroughly disappointed in her. She used her vampiric drain for all of two seconds before running away crying "Leave me alone."