[LE] Renovate your House with console

Shawkab

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive been having trouble with the

Getangle x,y,z = Gets the angle of an object (ex. getangle z)
Setangle x,y,z # = Sets the angle of an object. (ex. setangle z 245 )
Rotate x,y,z # = Rotates the object manually. (ex. rotate z 245)

i cant get stuff to do what i want...change the angle or rotate...what am i doin wrong?

• 1 month later...

i cant get stuff to do what i want...change the angle or rotate...what am i doin wrong?

What exactly are you trying to do? When you type in the command does it not move at all? or do you want to move it across the room and it is rotating? Can you elaborate?

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to necro the necro, but this deserves an answer for any future readers having the same problem.

The setangle commands are a little wonky because they don't take effect immediately like the setpos commands do. They only take effect after another command is issued. The easiest solution is to first do a "getpos z" to get the height of the object and remember the value. Then issue your setangle command or commands (which may be for any axis, not just z). Then do "setpos z <remembered value>". This will leave the item in the exact same z position as before, but force any preceding setangle commands to take effect. For example:

getpos z (returns, say, 10.00)

setangle x 180 (nothing appears to happen)

setpos z 10 (suddenly the x angle changes to 180 but the height remains the same)

• 2 months later...

For some reason, the followers living in my house refuse to recognize the beds I've placed via console. I've even used "My Home is your Home" to specifically tell them to sleep in the room where I've placed the beds, but they refuse. Anyone have any idea why?

Edit: Also, when I try to order them to sleep in the beds they simply respond with "No, not possible."

Edited by TheCruxis

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...