Morrowind Remake

adkskaters

It is still a very ambitious project. You need level designers, modellers, people to script, quest makers. Then you need to make sure you do not get on the bad side of Bethesda, or they'll force the project down.

Generally, you'd need a few years. And I know of few modders who want to lock themself into 1 project for years, without payment, unless it's a personal project.

But by all means, I see no problems in somebody wanting to do this.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I personally would not want a 'remake' of Morrowind, I'd love to see a modeled and textured Vvardenfell.

That said, while it is certainly illegal to distribute the core resources of Morrowind, I can see no reason why we could not set some community standards around the extraction and location of said resources. This could, in its own way, enforce licensing, by only giving extraction routines (or instructions).

Such a community project could then use the resources to place and rebuild Vvardenfell using the old (and dated for certain) resources from Morrowind, some 200 years after the 'Red Year' in the currently modeled Vvardenfell. If anyone wanted to update the models, we would then have set and specific model/texture places to replace. You could always start with Solstheim (which survived) and the cities/area bordering Skyrim. Certainly the mountains on the Vvardenfell side are infested with Falmer, and with the invasion of the Nords in ancient Lore bordering ruins would be a mixture of Dwemer and Nord structures, which already have updated models (interiors at least for the Dwemer buildings).

Does this sound daft? I'm new (obviously) to the modding scene, but the way files and models are laid out could certainly be made standard for future (and communal) use.

Tirick

I wouldnt mind seeing some one doing the main land of morrowind not where morrowind took place so that would give you 5 cities Blacklight, Narsis, Mournhold, Tear and Necrom. Even if most of the land mass is already in its still be a huge undertaking terrain is honestly a small aspect of just leveldesign

People would just need to extract models from the previous games. Not so hard really.

Against the copyright law and the rules given to you by Bethesda. It would be forced down, or you'd get sued.

So yes, it is hard.

Edited by Matth85

I'd like to note that from a lore point of view, Vvardenfell is pretty much uninhabitable wilderness again. Red Mountain erupted and basically turned the majority of Vvardenfell back into a volcanic wasteland. Also, Vivec is also gone with the death/disappearance of the Tribunal and the fall of the Ministry of Truth. So, if you want to keep to lore, you'll find that there isn't much left there to explore, maybe a few Dwemer ruins that haven't succumbed to the devastation or a few refugee camps here and there. Edited by ziitch

bad idear becose it would go agent the flow of the elder scrolls story line the only way it would be possabel is ifg the game creators incorparated a alternaive plot with in the elderscrolls story

in skyrim yes you can go back in time but thare are consaquences

• 2 weeks later...