Morrowind Remake

adkskaters

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any help would be amazing. a lot of the basic stuff from the beginning we could do from Skyrim assets, but some stuff, like the boat (i'm not sure if there is a boat exactly like it in Skyrim) and the buildings and interiors would all have to be hand made if we were to do a legit remake. Only time will tell if this mod will succeed.

I am quite sure you can "rewrite" the beginning of the game to suit a smooth transition from Skyrim. But then again, some people would frown upon such a suggestion.

From my perspective, though, if Morrowind was recreated, the main quest isn't really important. The landmass, cities and places filled with the sidequests from Morrowind would be more than enough for me. I'd like a likewise Oblivion remake for that matter, to make the gameworld huge and replayability almost everlasting.

I personally did very few quests other than a few guild quests and parts of main story in both Morrowind and Oblivion. I was always too busy exploring, stealing and roleplaying to be honest.

I am sure that whatever this idea turns out to be, if realized, will be great. Good luck!

So, you want to recreate Morrowind? Which took what, 6 years of proffesionals to make? And you want to keep a bunch, maybe 5-6, modellers interested for that long?

You see, the landmass is one of the easiest aspect of leveldesign, and probably didn't take bethesda more than a week to get right. The props, and architecture, on the other hand, took years.

Reusing Skyrim models also will look odd, as most is fitted to be in the cold north, not in Morrowind.

Porting meshes is against the rule, and you can get in deep trouble for taking too many ideas. Meaning, I bet you'd have a message on your door if you had made morrowind from scratch, from Bethesda.

All I am saying is: This is too huge of a project, and might end up with more serious issues. This is because Bethesda does not like when a full recreation is being made.

But, of course, if somebody wants to bind themself to 1 project for the next 3 years, then it could work.

P.S. I am sorry if I come out as offensive and a douche. I merely try to get out a point that remaking a game, that a company uses years to make, by getting a few modders that you do not pay, is well.... Amibitious.

Cheers,

Matth

Some dood will probably import Obvlivion into skyrim somehow like they did with fallout 3 into fallout new vegas... Might be more difficult with the newer engine, but who knows... Modders these days...

If I see some actual progress getting made on a mod like this, I'm down to be a part of it.

I see a lot of people saying "OH they generated the landmasses... so they much be planning to add all the continents into skyrim"... I doubt that... Why would the max level be 70?

It's not gonna happen. I don't know why they would tease us like that though...

Oh and if a Beth Employee is reading this and thinking about doing that, if you DID do that... I'd pay 60 bucks a "DLC" =)

Edited by bassist02324

So, you want to recreate Morrowind? Which took what, 6 years of proffesionals to make? And you want to keep a bunch, maybe 5-6, modellers interested for that long?

You see, the landmass is one of the easiest aspect of leveldesign, and probably didn't take bethesda more than a week to get right. The props, and architecture, on the other hand, took years.

Reusing Skyrim models also will look odd, as most is fitted to be in the cold north, not in Morrowind.

Porting meshes is against the rule, and you can get in deep trouble for taking too many ideas. Meaning, I bet you'd have a message on your door if you had made morrowind from scratch, from Bethesda.

All I am saying is: This is too huge of a project, and might end up with more serious issues. This is because Bethesda does not like when a full recreation is being made.

But, of course, if somebody wants to bind themself to 1 project for the next 3 years, then it could work.

P.S. I am sorry if I come out as offensive and a douche. I merely try to get out a point that remaking a game, that a company uses years to make, by getting a few modders that you do not pay, is well.... Amibitious.

Cheers,

Matth

VVardenfell itself is probably still a smouldering crater more or less. Might be cool to mod, with lava and crispy mushrooms. But yeah... pretty much needs years.

And there are tons of MW assets made by the community.... So a LOT of work has been done over the years. Still, lots left to do lol.