Fallout 4 modding already in decline?

charwo

I wanted to bring this video to your attention, cause Skytts has some numbers behind him. More importantly he doesn't have an objective other than trying to grow his channel. He thought going to Fallout 4 mods would help, and he's already having second thoughts.

I didn't want to agree with zantiy that the game was such garbage that interest in modding it is damn near zero and will be less than zero when Skyrim remastered comes out, but Skytts is already seeing numbers that don't bode well for Fallout 4's long term viability.

I admit, I'm part of the problem. I DID NOT LIKE THIS GAME. But then again, I LOATHED Fallout 3 vanilla. But green mods were half the battle and frankly, I wasn't spoiled by Skyrim. I had far, far more fun in 69 hours of SKyrim (before my computer crashed) than I have in twice that Fallout 4. Skyrim is a joy to explore, Fallout isn't. The only place I've ever enjoyed exploring in a vanilla Fallout game is Mount Charleston. Fallout owing to the artistic bankruptcy of 50s modernism, doesn't leave beautiful and inspiring ruins. Fallout is a game where unlike Skyrim, the Wasteland is your chief enemy. The land is poisoned and the point of doing anything in a Fallout game is to kick the wasteland in the nuts. Skyim had BEAUTIFUL cities to explore. It had good and original in game music. Where is the Hagnar the Red of old Rorikstead for Fallout?

I don't want this to be about how cheated I feel that Bethesda owns Fallout and not Obsidian, because while that's true it doesn't help me get my 90 bucks worth. And for me, 120 hours is nothing, and 50 of that was grinding. For f*#@'s sake at least in Skyrim's radiant quests, there were enough locations that it felt like you were doing legitimate law enforcement.

Fallout 4, unlike Skyrim isn't a possibility of stories, it's exactly one story that doesn't branch off until Mass Fusion, and you don't have the option of doing a stealth mission where you don't make the Brotherhood an enemy if you've succeeded. And yes, Fallout 4 is built to do that kind of mission because I snuck on board the Prydwen with a low stealth character and a Stealthboy and put down all the explosives without being shot at once. Only a mod can give that to me

Where is the mod where you can take up Lorenzo's helmet and gain all his powers, with or without whispering voices and maybe an epic journey to the center of the mind to master the artifact instead of it mastering you? For that matter, where's the diplomacy option to get Lorenzo to exile his family to the unforgiving wastes instead of killing them? Only a mod can do that.

Why can't I be a double agent for the Railroad, and convince them to go underground until Father is dead? Or challenging Maxon for control of the Brotherhood? Only a mod can do that.

Only a mod can make make a no kill playthrough possible and viable. Only a mod (Robco Certified) can make it so I can salvage every robot and return them to humanity's use. Only a a mod can make this game something other than the repetitive, boring, ugly, most dungeon crawly thing since D&D.

What I'm saying, beyond I hated this game, and I do, is that it seems a lot of people don't give a s#*! about this game anymore. They may have liked their time in Boston and I didn't, but the result is the same: leaving it behind unless there's something to draw us back. My threshold may be higher, but it's not that much higher.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Yeah. But Skyrim modding is declining as well, and getting flooded with follower mods.

And instead of waiting for others to make mods, try to learn how to mod yourself. I have some mod ideas but I'd need the help of F4SE to implement them and that's still in the early stages.

It's saying something when the only way to enjoy Fallout 4 is to bombard it with mods. Though I'm emjoying playing it a lot. I'm feeling that Bethesda tried to make the Power Armor the main draw which is silly because I rarely use it. And you're expecting Fallout to be similar to Skyrim, both in setting and game play.. which is not a good idea. Skyrim is fantasy based.. Fallout is post-apocalyptic. It's supposed to be a wasteland. I will say though that the "make-shift" weapons are a bit over exaggerating.

Edited by TummaSuklaa

I love reading these threads on The decline of Fallout 4 modding and comparing the apples and oranges of Fallout and Skyrim.

This is only my opinion.

I HATED or should I say HATED Skyrim! I was excited when it came out, I picked it up on release. I wanted to mod for it and try my hand at some dungeon designs. I think at most I've played about 80 hours of skyrim and opened its Creation Kit twice.

Shortly after the release of Skyrim I went back to modding FO3/NV. I then spent all my modding gaming time playing FO3/NV.

As for FO4, When it released I was disappointed I admit that. Not so much because it didn't live up to the hype but because of things like what TmmaSuklaa said about the PA and the dialogue system. I did however really enjoy modding it and even more so when the Ckit released. Don't tell me that the Commonwealth isn't beautiful ruins because it is. I would run around the game to test my mod and was often shocked and impressed. In my opinion FO4 has some of Bethesda's best level design ever.

With Nuka World coming soon I wanted to try to play FO4 and really get a char that could go there without having to strong arm my way there or cheat just to see the new DLC. (I had deleted all my saves and I haven't even ever finished the game once yet.) (( My saves kept ending up getting deleted not so much out of being board with the game but because I wasn't being careful with keeping track of my saves and testing mods so I would forget which one was the clean un-cheated playing save)

I've found I do really enjoy playing FO4, (I never hated it but I also didn't love the way I loved FO3/NV) It took me changing my play style and not trying to kill everything, clear ever building, Mutant camp, or town I ran into.

It seems the more I actually play the game the more I like it the more I discover, Yes it has it's issues. One of the biggest is the writing for me but there are so many other stories in the game that the level designer added that are not on the map or in a game guide that I'm finding it fun to just poke around places to see what new thing I missed. (even locations I've cleared in past plays)

I for one will not be going back to Skyrim or the Skyrim Update. I will not be getting into Skyrim Modding. I will continue to mod Fallout games, For now it will be FO4 but if I do get board and go back to anything it will be FO3/NV.

Again, This is only my opinion Skyrim did SUCK! :tongue:

My point is that most of these threads come from people that just don't like Fallout 4 and want to complain about it. I didn't like Skyrim (My opinion and I'm not trying to force it on anyone) You didn't see me going into the Skyrim forums and comparing it to Oblivion or Fallout 3/NV.

I'm finding that very little people like the game overall and just want to complain about it. Not once I have been able to discuss it without feeling like the red-headed step child because I'm not talking about what's wrong with it for 100% of my post.

I'm with you on this one, I really am.

Over all I do like the game, Yes there are things I would have liked to have been done differently but my issues and complaints about the game don't ruin it for me. It's a good game overall and as I said the more I play it the more I do like it.

It would have been a shame if I had written it off before really giving it a chance, because of some minor things that bugged me about it.

:ermm: Hmmm, and here I thought we still had another two weeks to go before we were due for yet ANOTHER "xxx modding is dying" thread, did I miss a memo?? ...Or maybe my calendar is out of sync?. Oh well, I guess this one will die in a few hours/days, just like all the others. :sleep: