⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

What's some of the stranger stuff you've seen in Fallout 4?

Servalion

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today, the Savoldis talking about the merits of supporting the Railroad a couple of days after I wiped them out.

When chatting to them the answers are mostly all anti-Institute which is annoying when I wiped out the RR for them.

There's no option for me to say, "That's a terrible idea."

Strange was when I was clearing out Big John's Salvage again and Harvey was hanging around being a coward and cowering behind everything. I like to use grenades and couldn't. When it was all over he just sat on the ground under the spotlight as if having a picnic. Why was he even there in the first place? He seems to be where I am a lot of the time. Next time I won't hold off on the grenades. He is not my responsibility.

I had just finished the intense maxon/danse situation and was wrapping up the conversation with danse when a deathclaw showed up and ended us both. It killed danse first, and I did manage to get the completed quest graphic before it got me too.

Another happened while sitting down with Pillars of the Community guy in his office. I had just handed over all my gear when a vertibird crashed into the building leaving everyone dead, and me sitting there naked like a dope...

Today, the Savoldis talking about the merits of supporting the Railroad a couple of days after I wiped them out.

That's a Bethesda moment, not a strange one. In Skyrim I had people telling me to support Ulf something, leader of the rebellion, long after he lay dead in his hall. In FO4 I have Acadians tell me to talk to talk to Dima when he's already lying dead at the Far Harbor waterfront.

I had just handed over all my gear when a vertibird crashed into the building leaving everyone dead, and me sitting there naked like a dope...

The stranger aspect of that is you actually handing over your gear instead of telling him to get stuffed.

I threatened him and Cait cut in with some other kind of threat - can't remember exactly what she said but it was pretty funny !

Last night I was exploring the northernmost edge of the map when I ran into a Super Mutant Behemoth.

For reference, I'm level 40 (possibly 39 at the time), playing what I call a "swashbuckler build" meaning that my offensive skills are split evenly between melee and pistols, currently with four ranks in each due to level restrictions.

Since I'm pathologically incapable of backing down from a fight, I charge the big guy with my sword. It didn't go well - I had barely injured him at all when he took my head clean off with his hydrant club.

So I reload from my last save and decide to go ranged instead, equipping my .44 revolver. My plan was to shoot at him from far away hoping to wear down his HP as much as possible before he got in range, and then improvise.

The first shot hit, but he's too far away for me to see how much damage it did. I take another shot and he falls over dead.

I look down at my gun and is like: "What the hell just happened?"

Sure, it's a powerful gun with maxed out mods, but nowhere near that powerful. It's not even a Legendary or anything. Looking up the stats for the Behemoth, I apparently did at least 500 damage per shot at great distance. Somehow. And that's factoring in his armor ratings.

Notably, during the same expedition I also killed a Mirelurk Queen with the same gun, and it took a lot of running around, firing wildly, plus several plasma grenades. And Mirelurk Queens are actually somewhat weaker than Behemoths.

So, yeah. I don't know how that happened. It was some kind of miracle.

Edited by Relativelybest

Carla's Brahim was inside of the buildings in sanctuary..floating. lol

Lucky you. Usually it's stuck in the wall or on the roof, where your missing settlers love to congregate too. Probably on it's way up when you spotted it. Seeking some company.

Edited by cossayos