Tutorial: 3ds Max Skinned Meshes Into Game

Vannus

In NiTriShapeData in the warpaint NiTriShape did you scroll down in the bottom window and check Has Normals and Has Vertex Colour ? Both should say yes (If "no" just double click to change them) I've found this can sometimes fix the "visible in Nifskope / Invisible in Skyrim" textures

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I fixed k, the problem was that it was missing the normal maps , but the experiment is mostly a failure because there is too much heavy clipping between the underbody and the overpaintmesh ....

the other idea was to use directly a skin texture with paint over but I fear that it woul dreplace as male normal skin for every race ... so how do I do to make the game select a texture according to different race type?

Ok I FINALLY MADE IT WORK !!!!!

The things I did after comparing normal nifs to the actual exported is that there are some missing steps ...

1 when you export with 3dsmax it create another material called : NiMaterialProperty this needs to be eliminated this will remove the mark error

2 Set the default property that is this material away and in first place put the right material bslightning something

3 if the mesh is invisible , in this case you need to attach a alpha property spell ... so far worked with the simplier mesh

Now I will have to try with the more complex one ...

i don't get what is that you are doing for steps #2 and #3. Could you upload a picture or more description? How do you do those steps?

how do I do to make the game select a texture according to different race type?

Any Idea?

Creating a new race will be very easy once the constuction kit is released. You may be able to do it now using SkyEdit or TESsnip but I'm not familiar with these programs as I am with creating new races in TES Construction Set or G.E.C.K.

Ok I FINALLY MADE IT WORK !!!!!

The things I did after comparing normal nifs to the actual exported is that there are some missing steps ...

1 when you export with 3dsmax it create another material called : NiMaterialProperty this needs to be eliminated this will remove the mark error

2 Set the default property that is this material away and in first place put the right material bslightning something

3 if the mesh is invisible , in this case you need to attach a alpha property spell ... so far worked with the simplier mesh

Now I will have to try with the more complex one ...

Just replace the bs lightning block of export with another takenfrom a working nif and replace the textures , then remove the branch of the unused lightning properties ...

i don't get what is that you are doing for steps #2 and #3. Could you upload a picture or more description? How do you do those steps?

how do I do to make the game select a texture according to different race type?

Any Idea?

Creating a new race will be very easy once the constuction kit is released. You may be able to do it now using SkyEdit or TESsnip but I'm not familiar with these programs as I am with creating new races in TES Construction Set or G.E.C.K.

but how I can define if the texture is or not used by another race?I need to put some particular texture maps? couse I wanted to make some textures for every race with a tattoo so when the character wears it according to the race of the character it will load the right texture , is this possible?

It should be similar to what was done in Oblivion,

Use the CK to assign a different texture for each race ( folder Nord, Imperial, ...) and save your mod. By default only one texture is used by all races.

Ok so it is like that that works in Oblivion and probably in Skyrim too? The only way to do that is wait the CK then I can assign multiple texture switch according to the race?

It should be similar to what was done in Oblivion,

Use the CK to assign a different texture for each race ( folder Nord, Imperial, ...) and save your mod. By default only one texture is used by all races.

Ok so it is like that that works in Oblivion and probably in Skyrim too? The only way to do that is wait the CK then I can assign multiple texture switch according to the race?

Yes, if it's the same as Oblivion and Fallout you will be able to assign a seperate texture (only 1) to each race - Character/Race/Body Data tab and Face Data tab. Or you can make a new race.