Anyone else LOVE the Thalmor?

Violentguy

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However what gave me food for thought was that I sat down and thought, well what happened if the storm-cloaks win? Thalmor then invade. What would happen? The nords alone can not win.

This isn't even implied, so I have no idea why everyone just decides this is so.

Ah, you need to talk to some more random thalmor my friend. It is heavily implied that the thalmor wish to conquer everything. After they conquer the empire ya think they going to stop at the border of skyrim? Nope.

It's already been proven that, as skyrim was with the empire in the initial war. So what makes the storm-cloaks able to beat the thalmor on their own? the dova king? I know I'm special and all, but I ain't no god. Realistically, The thalmor would just clean house.

Skyrim was not with the Empire in the Great War, what the Empire did was recall their Skyrim legions. This is vastly different to the potential efforts of Skyrim as an independent nation. With the massively warlike culture of the Nords, combined with new resolve to commit to war with the Thalmor if you choose to side with the Storm-cloaks, there is no particular reason to believe that Skyrim cannot easily field an army equal or even superior to the broken Empire (an Empire which has suffered endless catastrophes, topped off with being demolished by the Thalmor the last time round). As a comparison, the Roman Empire never outnumbered its 'barbaric' northern foes on the field of battle. We are seeing something similar; the Empire is in massive decline, exactly like it's real life inspiration was, and is not capable of standing up to even their own former provinces.

Perhaps everyone is forgetting that Skyrim is the place from which men conquered Tamriel; the Nords created the First Empire of the Nords, which established men as foremost on Tamriel. They didn't conquer Cyrodill because the north of it wasn't worth the effort. The random, Draugr raising Redguard lunatic I murdered for the Forgemasters Fingers was right in describing it as a sleeping bear. Under the Empire Skyrim has sat, sleeping, letting the Legions march about. If you side with the Stormcloaks, Skyrim will marshal itself again.

Skyrim legions... Most likely containing recruits from skyrim. <== hence Skyrim was involved in the war. You can't be a province or a state without being involved in the war effort somehow. The nords supplied legionaries and whatever else. the land may have been left untouched as far as I know, but that does not mean skyrim did not put every effort into helping in the war.

Potential efforts? you do realize that half of skyrim wants to be on the empire side which means roughly 1/3 of the population of skyrim will probably die in the civil war. that's a 1/3 of your potential "free" skyrim dead with another 20% useless since they are old men, women and children. Not to mention the continuing efforts of manning troops in the west side of skyrim so that you maintain order. Even if you managed to get the people to go under your flag, the west side will be mostly empty of good veterans and troops since you had to kill them all.

Skyrim maybe a sleeping bear, but when half the bear is killing the other half the bear, the bear is weakening... Just saying.

Now what happens if the empire wins? stomcloaks are defeated, peace returns to skyrim. Empire withdraws the majority of its army from skyrim and preps for Thalmor invasion. The empire is united again and one entity. Thalmor then invade, skyim pitches in for defense obviously. Results? unknown. All I know for certain is that realistically, siding with the storm cloaks just weakens both the empire and skyrim. Other than plot armor, the thalmor would probably have a gauntee victory in the event of storm-cloaks winning.

It does not weaken Skyrim to leave the Empire, since the Empire has already shown it not only cannot adequately defend itself anymore, but that it will outright abandon territory, the now ancient homes of its own people, because the Imperial City didn't want to sack up and keep going. Hammerfell was abandoned, stripped of Legionaries in order to retake Cyrodill, which is fair enough, but the Redguard who fought to deceive the Thalmor army there so that the Emperor could surprise the enemy in the Imperial City were utterly betrayed when the Empire didn't come back afterwards, choosing instead of abandon their loyal subjects to subjugation once their precious Imperial City was safe.

First off, the blades were caught by surprised by the thalmor. The imperial army also underestimated them, you think they would make the same mistake twice? Third, the Thalmor had to deal with internal rebellions as well as fighting the empire. The empire was taken by surprise, if the empire had not underestimated them, the empire probably had a very decent chance of winning against them. Because the empire was caught off guard, it's armies/legions were reduced in numbers, forcing a stalemate of sorts between the thalmor. The thalmor if it didn't have such trouble at home would have been able to crush the legions. However the Thalmor also overextended itself, they probably would have been able to destroy the empire, but at great cost to their armies.

Again, the Jarls weren't even consulted about the peace deal. Clearly the Empire didn't even try asking Skyrim to step up, they just shafted them. And now, Skyrim is rising up, and it's rising up powerfully enough to (if you side with the Stormcloaks) hurl the Empire straight out....and they're not finished, Ulfric is planning a continuing rearmament in order to go pick a fight with the Thalmor.

Yes well in a hive mind mentality, you tend to have to sacrifice parts of the colony in order for the rest to live. Just so you know... the empire is rearming it self to pick a fight with thalmor. that point is moot since both sides (empire and storm cloaks) both plan to do the same thing. It is just my opinion that skyrim is better off with the rest of the empire than being separated from it. Worse case scenario, you can tap into the empire's other provinces for resources, skyrim by itself, would not be able to.

Thalmor = Stuck up Elves with a bone to pick on the other races because they view themselves as the children of the gods, but no Talos, because Talos was a man raised to be divine. Eh...they bleed like anyone else, and die faster then any other race I've encountered. Weaklings, the lot of them. So, while I like the old Empire, this new one is weak, they need an Emperor who knows how to fight.

My char neither loves nor hates the Thalmor. As long as she keeps getting contracts and getting paid, she doesn't care.

She's friends with one of the commanders (somehow...forget which quest led to that) yet she didn't hesitate to kill a small group of them in order to get Altmer blood for one of the quests.

Do I hate the Thalmor? Yes...the Nazis... Unfortunately they seem to have the best looking males among their ranks. :rolleyes: Damnit, Bethesda.

Edited by QueenOfThieves

My char neither loves nor hates the Thalmor. As long as she keeps getting contracts and getting paid, she doesn't care.

She's friends with one of the commanders (somehow...forget which quest led to that) yet she didn't hesitate to kill a small group of them in order to get Altmer blood for one of the quests.

Do I hate the Thalmor? Yes...the Nazis... Unfortunately they seem to have the best looking males among their ranks. :rolleyes: Damnit, Bethesda.

Ah, my Khajiit is similar, he doesn't care about the civil war, he only sees the struggle as a great diversion while The Dark Brotherhood thrives, but he definitely hates the Thalmor for...

1. Oppressing the culture of others.

2. Tricking his people into thinking they brought Masser and Secunda back.

Who cares who wins in the war... whoever wins.... gets the dovakin

The dovakin, no matter which path you chose gets the assistance of the dragons

even if you kill pathanax, you have proven your thum to be the strongest of all of them after killing alduin and will look up to you as thier strongest kin, if you keep pathanax alive, he will probably come to your assistance if theres a war. and if all else fails.... Dovakin uses "call dragon" :whistling:

I doubt the thalmor can deal with even 2 anceint dragons attacking at once... much less an army of dragons ; p

Edited by ddwmk2002