Skyrim outrages Christian Web Site

swindy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too lazy to open the link (and I don't care to risk it, either), but from what I'm getting it is some sort of humorous thing. Either way, I don't doubt there are "Christians" out there who are like this. On behalf of the Christian faith, I'd like to apologize to everyone, especially those who believe differently. I am a Christian, and I'm proud of that. I try to live a pure life, watch my tongue, stay away from drugs and alcohol, and try to be as forgiving as my Lord would have me be, but even I get incredibly annoyed by some other Christians, to the point that I flat out try to avoid them. I have a much more enjoyable time talking amongst my Atheist friends than I do these people. It's like I have to be completely cautious about what I say ALL the time around hardcore Bible thumpers. The slightest slur or joke could come across as offensive to them and they throw a fit. I can't stand that kind of personality. Please know that the "outspoken" ones don't speak for all of us. I respect the opinions and philosophies of others who just see things different than I do.

I Play Skyrim every day, and I have found NOTHING offensive about it. It's a great game, the best I've played all year. I don't think God is against us playing video games, and I'm pretty sure I haven't received some sort of vision or prophesy from Him saying, "THOU SHALL NOT PLAY SKYRIM!!! FOR IT IS PLAGUED WITH WICKEDNESS AND EVIL!!!".

You do know that website isn't real... It's specifically made for trolls, not actually a religious site.

Pantokrator: Drinking Alchohol is not a sin. Jesus' first miracle was turning water into wine. The bible only instructs people not to become mindlessly intoxicated so you don't lose control of yourself. lol It is only religious tradition which looks judgmentally upon the consumption of alcohol...Meanwhile the book of Ecclesiastes states specifically that God made wine so that men may be merry.

Edited by OnlyOneWing

You do know that website isn't real... It's specifically made for trolls, not actually a religious site.

Pantokrator: Drinking Alchohol is not a sin. Jesus' first miracle was turning water into wine. The bible only instructs people not to become mindlessly intoxicated so you don't lose control of yourself. lol

On top of that, don't they drink wine during communion?

Pantokrator: Drinking Alchohol is not a sin. Jesus' first miracle was turning water into wine. The bible only instructs people not to become mindlessly intoxicated so you don't lose control of yourself. lol

On top of that, don't they drink wine during communion?

Catholics do, protestants drink grape juice usually... Think about it, the catholic church has it's roots in Europe, where wine is produced and modern day protestants in USA descend from American culture where there was a prohibition and much controversy.

Edited by OnlyOneWing

Pantokrator: Drinking Alchohol is not a sin. Jesus' first miracle was turning water into wine. The bible only instructs people not to become mindlessly intoxicated so you don't lose control of yourself. lol It is only religious tradition which looks judgmentally upon the consumption of alcohol...Meanwhile the book of Ecclesiastes states specifically that God made wine so that men may be merry.

So that's what I have to do, now I get it, thanks man.

PS: I'm also a christian, ortodox(sp?) one, but jokes are jokes and forum rules kinda point out that we are not supposed to be talking about religion, so I'm done talking now.

I am not a Christian, but I do believe the bible is truth. I was once Protestant non-denominational.

It does bother me when people portray the religion as a judgmental and mechanical system... Simply because they see a few people on the news like Westboro Baptist church, who are bashing everyone who isn't them. Meanwhile those people are the vast minority, extremists.

But yeah, I mainly just wanted to point out that this whole SkyRim thing is just created by atheists who want to troll the Christian religion, not by Christians who want to troll Skyrim.