Which would you prefer?

PaladinRider

Well I've been very anxious for the CK's release, as I'm sure many others have been. I've got two mod ideas rolling in my head and so I thought I'd get some feedback. I'm slightly leaning on one side of it, but it couldn't hurt to get the public's feedback.

1. Run your own city/Be a Jarl: This is the one I've been leaning towards and talking about on the forums. I would give the player the ability to manage and grow a small settlement into a large city. There would be a few quests that would put the player in position of power at the settlement. Duties would include: resource attainment and management, civil hiring, infrastructure, protection, taxes, etc. I would aim to incorporate both the mundane and exciting duties of a Jarl. You could choose to be a tyrant fearless leader or a softhearted king. Later down the road, I would integrate a questline involving a rival settlement harrowing your every move.

2. Business style mod: I've been coming back to this which was my original gameplan. Using small empty lots in many cities I would give the player the ability to set up shop. My plans were to make this a pretty sophisticated entrepreneurial mod. This would be a little similar to my first mod, Run the Lucky 38 for New Vegas, but I'm planning on going in-depth and dividing it apart. For instance, I would include a husbandry mod - where you can build your own stables to raise, train, and sell draft (farm)horses to destriers. In another city, you'd be given the option to build your own mine. Expanding the mine requires a lot of digging, and would be very expensive but the yields can be great. A logcutters near Falkreath or a farm near Whiterun. Unfortunately this has the potential of causing a lot of conflicts in the future.

Feel free to leave your opinions.

I would say running a city. You should make a poll. I also see you made that FNV mod, so you have some good experience.

I'd say a business mod, but not in the way you've stated.

Basically, the mod would take advantage of the numerous work-stations (Wood-cutting, mining, cooking) and turn them into resources.

You'd start out and make a hut out of wood and gathered wheat. Then you'd build it, and be able to attract your first work-force. Then you could build mills, mines, or farms under your name. Maybe have "innovative" ideas, such as raising mammoths, or mining in Blackreach. Maybe even have a village in your name and work under a Hold, like Riverwood.

Well, s***. Nevermind. I see you covered that in the Jarl mod. Bravo.

Edited by IxionInc

• 1 month later...

I've been the Jarl ever since I took that arrow in the knee. :confused:

:thumbsup: I'll take a #1 with a side of conquest against the Thalmor and some of those little Tyrant packages I do so love. :devil:

Edited by Allephus