WHAT IS YOUR DREAM MOD ?

bigds

I guess for rp perposes the dragonborn just magicly came into exsitance without parents or siblings or maybe he just droped out of the sky or hatched from a dragon egg. lol

The only piece of background information the game forces on you is that you were crossing the border and everyone in Skyrim considers you a stranger. Since you were caught while crossing the border, wouldn't it be easier to RP that your family and childhood home are in one of the other provinces? Even if you are a Nord it doesn't mean you had to grow up in Skyrim.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess for rp perposes the dragonborn just magicly came into exsitance without parents or siblings or maybe he just droped out of the sky or hatched from a dragon egg. lol

The only piece of background information the game forces on you is that you were crossing the border and everyone in Skyrim considers you a stranger. Since you were caught while crossing the border, wouldn't it be easier to RP that your family and childhood home are in one of the other provinces? Even if you are a Nord it doesn't mean you had to grow up in Skyrim.

It would be nice if PC nords could have a background in Skyrim though. Its no big deal but would be a cool mod. Thats why dream mod. Wanted but not really estintal to enjoy the game.

My dream mods would be:

1. A mod that adds dangerous underwater monsters to lakes and the sea, like a kraken or seadragon, so you really had to look out, when you swim (it probably would be best, if it would change also that you can't use weapons underwater)

2. A questline after you finish the thieves guild quest where you discover Maven Blackbriars involvement in Mercers schemes and tear down her dynasty with the help of the thieves guild an cool new npcs (the grat inpc-mod would probably the best try to integrate this story). You could destroy her empire piece by piece and if she's got nothing left you get her - man i hate that women.

It would also be cool, if you get her house afterwards, it just needs a nice crafting area in the basement.

To the guy, who wanted a mod with other TES-Objects (can't find the original post): there actually is one, which integrates a lot of them:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52248/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D52248&pUp=1

it adds a museum in solitude where you can display unique items and adds a lot of them to. The author worked together with a lot of other modders to add their item-mods like the Armor of the Nine Divines or the Bloodworm Helmet and several others. There also is a questline, i haven't reached, yet. Great mod and totally under the radar.

My ultimate dream mod? There are two actually.

A mod that allows you to get past the esp limit without facing any problems and a mod that merges other video game universes such as WoW, DA, The Witcher and other "similar" in style games with Skyrim, but it makes that content get a Skyrim "flavor". Its pretty crazy and unrealistic but imagine if someone actually took the time to do that.

My dream Mod would be a real realistic Needs Mod, one not designed to just make the game more difficult, but designed towards realism... such as:

The ability to make Hard Tack long life, high energy foods such as Pemmican.

Be able to scrounge for and get energy/nutrition from Berries, Nuts, Bark, Seeds, Insects (such as Maggots from older carcasses).

Carry only Flints, etc to create fire, even being able to resort to rubbing sticks.

No need to carry Pots, able to use Animal parts to fashion temporary cooking pots, such as the animals stomach.

Set snares.

Make use of the environment to keep warm, such as digging into snow banks to create temporary shelters. Use fresh Pelts for extra warmth when needed, etc...

Real Animal behavior, not such suicidal and stupidly aggressive behavior from Predators (I know there are a couple of Mods dealing with Animal aggression radius already, I use one)... As for Herbivores, to be much more flighty and harder to get near than they are...line of sight, etc...playing a much greater role than it does in successfully hunting them down, hunting should be challenging.

I have a defined list of wishes in such a Realism Mod, would love to be able to make it myself, but can't seem to get my head around computer speak, not through lack of trying :(

Retaking Blackreach.
Think about it. You travel to the depths of Skyrim, founding a great underground city. You bravely battle every falmer you met. And then you just grab the elder scroll and leave the city... to never return again? This would be a mayor mod.
Civil war big.
After finishing killing the falmers, the slaves will request for your help. Yes, you gave them freedom, but the falmer will return.
Gather your allies and face the falmer armada!

-If you have allready finnished the companions quest, you can have Farkas, Vilkas or Aela at your side. If not, just have Eorlund forge weapons for the slaves.
-If you finnished the mages college quest you could have Tolfdir, Faralda or Colette aid you with their magic. If not, they will give you staves.
-You could even ask for help to Cancelmo. After all, he is one of the greatest dwemer scholar there is in Skyrim. He could help you restore the automatons to fight for you in the lower tunnels. (if not, falmers will emerge from the buildings to attack you from the inside.
-If you finnished the civil war quest, the faction you shose could lend you a hand. If not, well, no help at all, sorry.

After the battle, you could become jarl of Blackreach and lead your new people to secure the aetherium forge. (You won´t move the forge, but you could find a cave that would lead you to the forge. In the same way, you could find gates to caves that connect the entire Skyrim dwemer network, being able to travel from one dwemer city to another without needing to go to the surface.
Anyway, this would be a giant mod, with possible compatibity/merging other dwemer tech mods, including the revival of the Blackreach express! (you know, the underground train mod)