WIP Gunrunner's Arsenal

jdteixeira

Hello everyone,

So, I've been working on and off on a mod to add some new guns to Fallout 4 and I'm currently struggling with the integration of them in the game engine. The models and textures of this first release milestone are done and I have a lot of doubts on how to add them to the game. Any help or tutorials you guys can point me to?

Also, if anyone wants to help me by making part of the team, who is only me currently, tell me!

These are the default skins, with a more generic look as to avoid obvious patterning when multiples of each are present in a scene simultaneously. I'm planning on making more individualized skins that can be crafted just like any other weapon modification.

14066368_1421418271208104_39539244577458

14053715_1421418251208106_7084138935570314138802_1421418327874765_8602190954668914107737_1421418227874775_6427494181144914115636_1421418374541427_5271973061449914138824_1421418377874760_11811120645479

Thanks for watching.

(dokidoki) is a word that mimics the sound of a beating heart. ★ It is used to describe physical/emotional excitement or racing of the heart. ★ It can indicate that someone is thrilled, excited, or nervous.

you had me at the first visual of the first gun
go to the nexus chat and show that off, I'm very certain people will help you if you ask questions, just be patient because sometimes the people who know might be busy at the time or offline even
:ninja:
this video is made by skibadaa, a weapons mod author
if you mean you're not sure how to put them in the game, but the guns work and you can dev console command them into the game, then level lists are how you decide what things drop off of(there's a variety of level lists - like raider weapons all, or gnuner weapons all, or things like so (super mutants are really picky about what weapons they can actually use, so I wouldn't be surprised if they can't use your weapons but that's okay), and you can also manually edit cells via the CK (creation kit) to put them in the game by hand (like in a safe, or on top of a desk etc etc)

Edited by tartarsauce2

Just remember that if you want to add them to Fallout 4 you must recreate them yourself by hand. The importing of assets from one game to another, even between Bethesda games, is prohibited by Bethesda's Licensing Agreement and would not be permitted on the Nexus.

The Rabbit

Just remember that if you want to add them to Fallout 4 you must recreate them yourself by hand. The importing of assets from one game to another, even between Bethesda games, is prohibited by Bethesda's Licensing Agreement and would not be permitted on the Nexus.

The Rabbit

I've seen that, on another post, from a dude that wanted to transfer content between FNV and FO4.

These models were all made and textured from scratch by yours truly :smile:

(dokidoki) is a word that mimics the sound of a beating heart. ★ It is used to describe physical/emotional excitement or racing of the heart. ★ It can indicate that someone is thrilled, excited, or nervous.

you had me at the first visual of the first gun

go to the nexus chat and show that off, I'm very certain people will help you if you ask questions, just be patient because sometimes the people who know might be busy at the time or offline even

:ninja:

this video is made by skibadaa, a weapons mod author

if you mean you're not sure how to put them in the game, but the guns work and you can dev console command them into the game, then level lists are how you decide what things drop off of(there's a variety of level lists - like raider weapons all, or gnuner weapons all, or things like so (super mutants are really picky about what weapons they can actually use, so I wouldn't be surprised if they can't use your weapons but that's okay), and you can also manually edit cells via the CK (creation kit) to put them in the game by hand (like in a safe, or on top of a desk etc etc)

Man, I'm not even on that stage yet. I'm still on the stage of trying to get the .nifs into the game correctly. I have no idea where to start.

I've seen that, on another post, from a dude that wanted to transfer content between FNV and FO4.

These models were all made and textured from scratch by yours truly :smile:

Good on you, old boy!! I didn't want to see anyone getting into trouble around here needlessly. I'll certainly grab a copy of your work and endorse it when you're done.

The Rabbit

Also note it's likely not a good idea to have real life gun manufacturer's logo's on the weapons (like the colt)

Most of them are trademarked and could possibly lead to lawsuits if you upload the mod somewhere.

Good work on the modeling though.

From what i read, custom animations are not currently possible, since they are in Havok format and the sdk is currently unavailable. As for the rest, yes , is in the plan Edited by jdteixeira