Construction Set for Skyrim, where is it?

Hannibalektr

I'll be pissed as hell if it's not out tomorrow. This is ridiculous. It should have released with the game. Morrowinds editor was on a cd in the box with the game.

That being said, the game wasn't rushed. It's a better game then almost any game released in the past 5 years. There's an endless amount of content. And thousands of mods even with no creation kit. Now if only they would hurry up and release it...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Sunnie..

I've got maybe 80-120 hours between 2 characters on Skyrim and I've only experienced one bug. It was the beginning sequence of the second character when Alduin blasts a hole in the keep. For some reason Alduin never came.

By exercising my powers of deduction and basic sense, I turned the game off, deactivated the four mods I had, reloaded and it magically worked. Simply reactivate the mods after :thumbsup:

I'm also playing Skyrim on a laptop - by no means a heavy duty gaming laptop. I understand its limits so I play on medium settings. I definitely think that many, if not all of those who are claiming that Skyrim is chock-full of bugs are doing something wrong or differently. It could always be a hardware issue as well, of course.

At any rate, I'm hoping to hear news of the CK being released this week - I've always said to expect it in February!

:ohdear:

The only bugs that piss me off are esburn, and the markarth guard glitch. Experienced them on both playthroughs, and as far as I can tell they have yet to fix it. One is a main quest bug...unnacceptable and should have at the very least been fixed with the release patch. Thank god the modding community helped me get past those, or I would have been stuck with an unfinished main quest.

What a bunch of un-grateful people. tch, tch. :sleep:

Get over your entitlement issues people.

We should be content to know we're even getting a set of mod tools.

A lot of game devs don't even offer them.

It is in Bethesda's the best interest to release the creation kit as it creates greater value for customers which in turn generates more revenue for them. Releasing a creation kit is not an act of charity, it is a major selling point for the game.

From what it sounds like the delays are coming from the the integration with SteamWorkshop which in all honesty seems like a giant waste of time and resources. Unless they come out with something truly revolutionary, which I highly doubt, this ~2.6 month long delay will be for nothing; modders already have places to upload mods.

It seems strange that they claimed back around January 19th that the creation kit was "nearly ready" and that they were "still aiming for January" and yet we still don't have a CK. f*** SteamWorkshop.

What a bunch of un-grateful people. tch, tch. :sleep:

Get over your entitlement issues people.

We should be content to know we're even getting a set of mod tools.

A lot of game devs don't even offer them.

It is in Bethesda's the best interest to release the creation kit as it creates greater value for customers which in turn generates more revenue for them. Releasing a creation kit is not an act of charity, it is a major selling point for the game.

From what it sounds like the delays are coming from the the integration with SteamWorkshop which in all honesty seems like a giant waste of time and resources. Unless they come out with something truly revolutionary, which I highly doubt, this ~2.6 month long delay will be for nothing; modders already have places to upload mods.

It seems strange that they claimed back around January 19th that the creation kit was "nearly ready" and that they were "still aiming for January" and yet we still don't have a CK. f*** SteamWorkshop.

Chill out. Until 11:59 PM tomorrow, Bethesda still can keep to their initial release date. (Near the end of January) Even if its not out tomorrow, I don't see how Steam Workshop could end up being delayed much longer.

Thats... Not what that post says? It says that the Patch is going live some time this week, and that the CK won't be far behind. That could mean the CK could come out minutes, hours or days (Or if you want to take things absolute, months, years, decades, centuries of even millennia) after.

No where, anywhere there, does it say anything about it bring pushed back to Feb.

They still ahve a about 30 hours to meet the deadline. Don't start making up crap.

Funny how everyone but you interprets that as meaning Feb. Even the Skyrim wiki now says Feb "Bethesda has confirmed that the Creation Kit may not be made publicly available sometime in January 2012 as previously stated but in very early February" - http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Construction_Set

I guess we'll see tomorrow.