598 members have voted

1. 1. Worth pursuing?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There should also be animations like a thalmar fleet attacking skyrim you see a dragon and his rider

lifting a ship and droping it that makes it being destroyed and a slow motion animation where your

close to a ship and you use a shout to kill everyone there or you jumping from odahviing and killing everyone on the

ship regularly

Hello,

I've been thinking about this concept too since i am a huge fan of eragon. I was thinking about an entire alagaesia map along with all characters described in the books and many npc's more, that you can follow the main quest along the storyline of the book and lots of sidequests. To be able to ride a dragon and to have in-air battles as well against other riders. I think if this would be created by a team, it would be incredibly good. I am willing to help on the process but currently i have no experience in modding. Please someone, make this dream come true.

I do have to admit that when i started skyrim i had just managed to re-read all of the Eragon books and was just finishing inheritance so my thought processes were firmly in alagaesian territory and i had this idea also however i didnt have the thought to go on the forums and post it.

But yeah i totally support this and think if executed correctly it could turn out absolutely brilliantly.

This mod sounds like a great idea and i have read the whole thing and my only question was about the combining with the civil war. What if you already finished the civil war quests (as I'm sure many players have)? Personally I wouldn't want to have to remake a character just for the mod (cool as it may sound).

well.... i think aldmari dominion isn't exactly a worthy threat to a dovahkin... i mean really........ neither imperial forces or storm cloaks could do anything about dragons and dovahkin kills 2~3 dragons alone... and can call a dragon, an ancient hero back from the dead, and even become ethreal... as well as blow someone like a mile away using a shout. the idea itself is interesting, but it needs a better enemy than aldmari dominion as for riding dragons, i think it's entirely possible and bethesda really should have just gone and let you ride odahving when you can call him after defeating alduin

Edit: how about having the aldmari dominion create a shade(using skins like dragon priests perhaps while the creating process can follow something like the potema summoning in solitude) out of fear of the dovahkin, and have the dragons that followed alduin make an alliance with the aldmari dominion after feeling the disruption in the realm, trying to use it to get their revenge for their fallen, and have either odahving or parthurnax deliver this news telling him/her to bond with either of them using the elder scrolls. that seems more lore-friendly with skyrim's own lore with eragon elements mixed in.

Edited by yoo203

Slight problem:

North of skyrim is so horribly cold that any islands out north would be frozen wastelands within seconds unless you had a huge fire every 10 feet.

Probably better to have it only just north of Jehanna in the province of High Rock(West of Skyrim) as it seems to be the closest to land that you can get because nobody likes a freezing island.

I don't see why the base couldn't just be up in the mountains. I read the last book, and it seems the Island the riders were based off was the size of a country. It would have been a logistical nightmare if it hadn't been big enough to support a population of dragons. It was basically a principality owned by the riders.

We're probably not getting that. Although, when we reconquer the empire...

One of the reasons put foreward for not settling in the Beor mountains in the books is the fact that the fledgling dragons would have to feed on the dwarves' cattle. Unlike the saintly dragon riders of Inheritance, we don't have to play nice. Skyrim and the Elder Scrolls in general has a very different tone to the books. I can see this order of dragons and riders being formed for the noblest of reasons but ultimately taking on more selfish goals, possibly as a result of the player's choices.

Also, I never imagined the war against the Aldmerri Dominion as being "fight the elves" so much as "crush the elves, see them driven before you, and hear the tears and lamentations of their women". I mean really, what are they going to do against dragons? What are they going to do against you? Ever fight in the siege of Whiterun? It was the first time I realised I was really, really powerful. Imagine that, but with a cohort of dragons and absurdly powerful warriors/mages/tongues/whatever.

Hmm, it would be really interesting if this mod had a second chapter, one that extends the Aldmeri Dominion invasion. Say by chance that the elves in Morrowind had discovered a new, secretive Dwemer chamber that holds blueprints for prototype flying mechanisms. If the Aldmeri get those and load a number of ballistas on them, it'll even out the odds a bit.

Hmm, it would be really interesting if this mod had a second chapter, one that extends the Aldmeri Dominion invasion. Say by chance that the elves in Morrowind had discovered a new, secretive Dwemer chamber that holds blueprints for prototype flying mechanisms. If the Aldmeri get those and load a number of ballistas on them, it'll even out the odds a bit.

This sounds amazing.