Loading a Mod in Construction Set

Hanker109

Hello Everyone!

I just learned how to clean mods with TES4Edit, zip it back and install as clean mod. Now, I like to work with The Elder Scroll Construction Set and would like to know if I can load a mod without installing it first in this utility. I have tried to do it but without success. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hanker109

Something to keep in mind when you're altering other people's work is how often do they update their mod and will you want to stay up to date with their changes as well as your's. I've done a bit of what you're describing myself and now have a couple of mods that I've edited that are not in sync with the latest version available.

A way around that dilemma is something called mod de-isolation. Here's a Construction Set Wiki link: De-Isolation Tutorial. Then your only problem would arise if the original mod author also made the same or similar changes as you've made.

When I was looking for my de-isolation link I came across this link: Mod Cleaning Tutorial ... not sure if you've seen it or whether it has any info on your original question about whether you should run TES4Edit on the original mod before you change it. The only thing I can add to LFact's reply is that you need to have the mod you wish to edit installed in your game's Data folder but you don't need to have it activated in either the game launcher Data Files or OBMM. You only need the esp and all the mesh, texture, voice etc. resources so that the Construction Set can find them.

Something to keep in mind when you're altering other people's work is how often do they update their mod and will you want to stay up to date with their changes as well as your's. I've done a bit of what you're describing myself and now have a couple of mods that I've edited that are not in sync with the latest version available.

A way around that dilemma is something called mod de-isolation. Here's a Construction Set Wiki link: De-Isolation Tutorial. Then your only problem would arise if the original mod author also made the same or similar changes as you've made.

When I was looking for my de-isolation link I came across this link: Mod Cleaning Tutorial ... not sure if you've seen it or whether it has any info on your original question about whether you should run TES4Edit on the original mod before you change it. The only thing I can add to LFact's reply is that you need to have the mod you wish to edit installed in your game's Data folder but you don't need to have it activated in either the game launcher Data Files or OBMM. You only need the esp and all the mesh, texture, voice etc. resources so that the Construction Set can find them.

Hi!, Thank you LFact and Striker897. Today I learned a new thing and certainly appreciated. About altering mods, I want to make sure that there is nothing illegal in doing it, is only for my own use. Striker897, thanks for the tip on De-Isolation, I copied it and will read it to learn about it. I been using TES4Edit successfully, I say this is a fantastic tool. Best Regards, Hanker109