Fallout creatures in Skyrim, is it possible?

wesside0yes

I think at this new juncture of creating custom creature assets from scratch, it is worth noting that the animation engine has changed, it now uses havok animation. You CAN export custom animations, though getting them to work entirely atm might take some real fandangling about. the behaviour files it now uses are still kinda a mystery, I can use HBT somewhat and been through half the tutorials, so to a point I know what should be in them, however bethesda probably has a lot of unique code for their specific use, and that s*** we just don't know anything about yet. So even if you were a competent character animator and knew something of havok system, there is still a lot of work to be done. Even some rudimentary scene animation might take some faffing, don't know until it is tried out.

Secondly you pretty much need the CK to do any new character entries...

Hmm, I thought Fallout 3 and New Vegas both used the Havok Engine to conjure physics and such in the game. Mabye you're referring to a new version of the Havok engine which might be true as I don't know the better of that. Though in regards to Skyrim, I'm not actually planning on learning all there is to animation or the likes. These are at all no fields of expertise of mine and I've got no matters in learning them since they have no regards to my trade of profession what so ever.

I take it that I'll just have to see the Construction Kit with my own eyes for I can make any further judgements, though I guess my question has been answered and I can distill from it that exporting models from Fallout might not be the best course of action I could best to undertake.

I think at this new juncture of creating custom creature assets from scratch, it is worth noting that the animation engine has changed, it now uses havok animation. You CAN export custom animations, though getting them to work entirely atm might take some real fandangling about. the behaviour files it now uses are still kinda a mystery, I can use HBT somewhat and been through half the tutorials, so to a point I know what should be in them, however bethesda probably has a lot of unique code for their specific use, and that s*** we just don't know anything about yet. So even if you were a competent character animator and knew something of havok system, there is still a lot of work to be done. Even some rudimentary scene animation might take some faffing, don't know until it is tried out.

Secondly you pretty much need the CK to do any new character entries...

Hmm, I thought Fallout 3 and New Vegas both used the Havok Engine to conjure physics and such in the game. Mabye you're referring to a new version of the Havok engine which might be true as I don't know the better of that. Though in regards to Skyrim, I'm not actually planning on learning all there is to animation or the likes. These are at all no fields of expertise of mine and I've got no matters in learning them since they have no regards to my trade of profession what so ever.

I take it that I'll just have to see the Construction Kit with my own eyes for I can make any further judgements, though I guess my question has been answered and I can distill from it that exporting models from Fallout might not be the best course of action I could best to undertake.

Bethesda have been a long time user of havok products, they never used to use the havok animation engine though, they used pretty much the gamebryo animation engine to their tastes. now they are using havok animation along with the behaviour tool to create all the state machines and animation blends etc.. You can get work on it right now. Though there is a long of trial and error to figure out what the engine wants out of your files at this stage. plus the CK setup is going to be silly to mess with without the CK. Then there is probably unique stuff in some of these file that you will have to hack in some how... It's for pros with a lot of free time.

• 1 year later...

ITs easily doable, in that one could achieve it with little effort for a veteran modder, but its legally impossible. Copy right forbids the importing of external textures into the game and even more so, the Nexus forbids 3rd party protected resources in mods. Doggtown1s mod, Monster Mod was taken down after it was found that textures from another 3rd party resource was being used in a monster, even its popularity couldn't save it from copyright infringements.

~SD

don't ya love the internet. I mean this post never answered the original question :biggrin:

hahaha,

Question: "can we make mod xyz"

Predicted answer: Sure!

Actual Answer: Well if we combine every thing we know about quantam physics and apply Eulers formula to the quadratic formula, you'll find that there is a direct inconsistency between the engine used to render images, render in game physics and the game engine, so we must engage in an enormous engagement about a different topic to that which was asked:P

• 2 years later...