⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Skyrim 1.2 patch

MorwynKelm

Disabling mods fixed the hang/loop issues for my install. The three that I disabled were all crafting mods - Valdosa's smelting mod, the lost art of the blacksmith mod, and the more craftables mod. I haven't yet gone back to test which one of the three was causing the hang.

I only had one of the three crafting mods - Valdosa's smelting mod - and I disabled it and was able to play once. Then the hangup occurred again. It's like the game is evolving...Yes, that's it. We stood in line at the midnight release for a game that gets progressively more evil as time goes by.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS. I'm also running Windows 7 64-bit, if that helps any.

I also have the Val Crafting Meltdown mod, but it's so small and specific that I doubt it would affect anything.

Um, that's quite ironic, because that is the single mod that causes the problem you're having. Disable/delete and the menu will work fine again. Just don't be surprised if the patch causes other issues. Like CTD on EVERY fast-travel.

Its funny, I got stuck with the patch even though I was better off without it. I haven't had any of the game corruption nastiness that other people seem to but I literally get dozens of CTDs after the "fix" when I think I had maybe two or three before. Also, this patch was supposed to fix dragons not giving up their soul? I have to call BS on that one, the only time this happened to me was after the patch when I got attacked my two Blood Dragons. My other main issue is literally forests of textures, as far as the eye can see, that failed to load I shouldn't have to see a lot of failed textures, let alone having to play needle in a hay stack to look for ones that actually loaded.

Thank you for listening........better than what Beth can say.......

I disabled automatic updates after the DRM patch. When 1.2 turned out to be a mess, I felt relieved for my precaution.

Then I go to start the game, and what does steam do? START DOWNLOADING THE PATCH.

I closed Steam immediately and tried to start my game with my cracked exe (aka the original 1.1 exe that would actually let me play my single player game offline).

Too late, the damage had been done. Now I can't even play my game without it being broken.

I bought a boxed copy. I shouldn't have to deal with this. Developers can expect more piracy every year as long as they continue to piss on people who actually paid for the game.

I won't post details but the really ridiculous thing about this is that, yet again, the "pirates" have found ways to fix the issues in 1.2 and they have been working. Sad. The people playing with "cracks" are having no issues. :(

Quick research and discussions with friends confirms this. Obviously, I'm not condoning or endorsing piracy.

I deleted the Val mod and varified cache through stream and got into game no problem. Copied my backed up .ini files so didnt have to edit them again and all worked fine for a few hours. Even got to fight, kill and absorb dragon power. But now I can get into the inn but never exit (crash on exit) even with old save game. Deleting the ControlMap_Custom did not help. Are the save game since the patch broken or is this an issue that is fixable? Any ideas? Edited by craig1975

I kept Steam in Offline mode, but accidentally enabled it last night. The patch was downloaded and installed. Where previously I had few problems I am now seeing a lot of glitches, the strangest of which manifests as empty bandit camps with only their weapons levitating in the air. No mods.

After Re-starting my Game, im yet again stuck with Quest Items that doesent want to go away.

I was at Level 52 and decided to Re-start the Game, so when can we expect Patch 1.3 and im talking about the Big Kahoona.

Patch 1.2 isent an issue for me, but did Bethesda decide to make us Beta Testers for them.

Edited by daventry