⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Skyrim 1.2 patch

MorwynKelm

"The looking controls are screwed up, whatever my look sensitivity is set to, I move the mouse barely a centimeter up or down and I'm staring at either the sky or the ground. >_< And that's from a few seconds of gameplay. "

My attempt to help/

Delete your ini files and let the game create new ones. This fixed it for me and others have been suggesting the same thing. It's the tweaks to the ini files that are messing this up. Just copy your tweaks on to the newly made ini files.

Thanks for your help, it fixed the mouse problem for me by deleting the ini files.

It seems that the Skyrim Configurator mod is messing up the mouse up and down movement because when I applied the tweaks again with Skyrim Configurator mod the mouse issues was back again.

I discovered this too. Unfortunately I don't know what to do about this.

I copied the tweaks applied to Skyrim.ini by Skyrim Configurator to SkyrimPrefs.ini and then let then I deleted Skyrim.ini and let the game create a new one. I only added the memory tweak and the shadow movement tweak I found on internet to Skyrim.ini, I'm not sure if the tweaks works correctly though when moved to SkyrimPrefs. The mouse is working fine now at least.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All bugs I've had with vanilla have either been fixed by a hard work around or are easily ignored so I'm staying in offline mode untill some DLC or a really great mod comes out and requires an updated version.

First up if you have Windows 7 try this solution it worked for me.

Right click on TESV exe, select properties, in the box that opens, go to previous versions. Windows will attempt to find an earlier version. In the box in the centre rightclick the discovered exe. Copy it to your desktop, name it Working TESV, save it somewhere safe as a backup.

Do the same with Skyrim-Interface.bsa, rename to Original Working Interface or something memorable.

Copy the new non-working interface and exe to another location and rename them TESVScrewed and InterfaceScrewed. This is just a precaution.

Delete these new updated exe and interface from the Skyrim directory.

Copy the working old interface you just backed up and the old exe into the Skyrim folder and rename them to TESV and Skyrim-Interface.bsa.

After doing all this and if things are working correctly backup the whole Skyrim folder to some place safe, preferably an external drive. Make sure Steam remains in offline mode, however to deter them infecting you with the new rat filth Bethesda update and if Skyrim is your only Steam game then firewall block it.

I can confirm after doing all this I can use the LAA patch, the map/fast travel and magical resistance works and I only have the bugs that were present in the earliest version.

Hope that makes sense to people.

Edited by darthsloth74

Well I wont say I dont have issues but I wouldn't say mine are exactly game breaking .. more hilarious really.

Watching NPC's moonwalk and glide about is highly amusing, seeing them zip about like on speed is even funnier.

it's not mod related so I can only assume that the 1.2 update has borked the animation system. It doesn't happen to every NPC

but it is rather random as to which one it affects. Reloading kills the bug but it eventually re appears on a different NPC.

I'm hoping it will affect a dragon at some point.

My fast travel works just fine, mods are working fine, UI is fine, sounds works ok as well, just animations are messed up at random

intervals on random NPC's

Edited by Pixelfrog1

It's usually this way with BSG games tho .. every one since Morrowind has had bad patches, my feeling is that the Gamebyro engine they insist on using is

at the core of most of the bugs. I can understand why they use it tho as it is exceptionally good at what it does and they know it very well by this point, but you

would think that after all this time they would have killed the bugs that have existed in the engine since Morrowind.

I dont expect Skyrim to really shine till the first Expansion/DLC.

First up if you have Windows 7 try this solution it worked for me.

Right click on TESV exe, select properties, in the box that opens, go to previous versions. Windows will attempt to find an earlier version. In the box in the centre rightclick the discovered exe. Copy it to your desktop, name it Working TESV, save it somewhere safe as a backup.

Do the same with Skyrim-Interface.bsa, rename to Original Working Interface or something memorable.

Copy the new non-working interface and exe to another location and rename them TESVScrewed and InterfaceScrewed. This is just a precaution.

Delete these new updated exe and interface from the Skyrim directory.

Copy the working old interface you just backed up and the old exe into the Skyrim folder and rename them to TESV and Skyrim-Interface.bsa.

After doing all this and if things are working correctly backup the whole Skyrim folder to some place safe, preferably an external drive. Make sure Steam remains in offline mode, however to deter them infecting you with the new rat filth Bethesda update and if Skyrim is your only Steam game then firewall block it.

I can confirm after doing all this I can use the LAA patch, the map/fast travel and magical resistance works and I only have the bugs that were present in the earliest version.

Hope that makes sense to people.

Thanks for the tip Darthsloth! Did you figure this out by looking at the modified dates or did you actually examine the patch itself....?

In any case, your method does at the least, restore my version to 1.1xxx and restores elemental resistances.

Steam is in offline mode and I am continuing on.