⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Skyrim 1.2 patch

MorwynKelm

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still using the base game, I never download patches or game updates till months after they are released, because they are rushed, and pushed by people who dont actually code. I didnt do steam either, its just a crappy way of tracking what you do. No thanks. I wouldnt touch an update until its been out for a while. You dont need steam, and you can just put the mods into your data folder of the base game, if you are using mods. I honestly would not bother with playing with CK until a few months after it comes out.

Never download a patch/update without first reading patch notes and public reviews.

Steam is not asking and simply download the patch even if it is explicitly set to "Do not update...".

Always run Steam in offline mode and you won't have this problem. So far I'm still on the retail version, using the Large Address Aware patch and have none of these new issues. :confused:

Never just blindly trust a bethesda update. Actually you can't really trust anybody to provide a solid update anymore. They obviously expect the community to be the testers. and don't even test the updates themselves, which is very unprofessional of them. Edited by Beriallord

"The looking controls are screwed up, whatever my look sensitivity is set to, I move the mouse barely a centimeter up or down and I'm staring at either the sky or the ground. >_< And that's from a few seconds of gameplay. "

My attempt to help/

Delete your ini files and let the game create new ones. This fixed it for me and others have been suggesting the same thing. It's the tweaks to the ini files that are messing this up. Just copy your tweaks on to the newly made ini files.

Thanks for your help, it fixed the mouse problem for me by deleting the ini files.

It seems that the Skyrim Configurator mod is messing up the mouse up and down movement because when I applied the tweaks again with Skyrim Configurator mod the mouse issues was back again.

"The looking controls are screwed up, whatever my look sensitivity is set to, I move the mouse barely a centimeter up or down and I'm staring at either the sky or the ground. >_< And that's from a few seconds of gameplay. "

My attempt to help/

Delete your ini files and let the game create new ones. This fixed it for me and others have been suggesting the same thing. It's the tweaks to the ini files that are messing this up. Just copy your tweaks on to the newly made ini files.

Thanks for your help, it fixed the mouse problem for me by deleting the ini files.

It seems that the Skyrim Configurator mod is messing up the mouse up and down movement because when I applied the tweaks again with Skyrim Configurator mod the mouse issues was back again.

I discovered this too. Unfortunately I don't know what to do about this.

Hey guys I found a fix that helped me with my problems maybe it will help you too. The update affected 2 files that I have sniffed out so far :

1. skyrim.exe in the \steam\common\skyrim folder

2. skyrim-interface.bsa in \steam\common\skyrim\data folder

If you right click on these files ... properties ... previous version ... you can revert both of them to a previous version. I think most of us have backups of the skyrim.exe but the interface.bsa probably not. replacing the updated interface.bsa with the older one seems to have solved my problems so far.

I have posted this under a couple of other threads and it seems to be helping people.

I can no longer recharge enchanted weapons.

Replaced only the Skyrim-interface.bsa with a backup copy and can now recharge weapons.

Edited by Roane