The Sounds of Silence

Aurielius

It is the best not to discuss politics with anyone you know or family, but at the same time it's probably the hardest thing to do. I'm generally trying to avoid it, but sometimes when I have to, I'm trying to be very flexible about it, though I gotta admit, most heated arguments I can remember were on political topics.

Try discussing religion with family members that hold different views than you......

That is cause you disagree about politics you're going to hell. Disagree about religion and you're going to Hell.

:thumbsup: :tongue:

It is the best not to discuss politics with anyone you know or family, but at the same time it's probably the hardest thing to do. I'm generally trying to avoid it, but sometimes when I have to, I'm trying to be very flexible about it, though I gotta admit, most heated arguments I can remember were on political topics.

Try discussing religion with family members that hold different views than you......

That is cause you disagree about politics you're going to hell. Disagree about religion and you're going to Hell.

I must be missing something, because it seems as if HY is going to Hell no matter what he talks about... :ermm:

I must be missing something, because it seems as if HY is going to Hell no matter what he talks about... :ermm:

That really shouldn't come as much of a surprise. :) I mean, after all, all my evil ways....... Windows and doors rattle when I walk into Churches...... :D It may have just been the trucks going by outside, but, I don't think so. :D

I've noticed the opposite. Several times now I've gone out for one reason or another and overheard people having discussions about politics, not heated discussions, but more even keeled ones where they share information and discuss the travesty of the American system, where we are essentially voting for which criminal we want in office. I've even heard people mention Johnson in serious tones as a viable way to show protest. These have also been more mundane locations, such as waiting in line to checkout at the store, sitting down to a meal, ect. Maybe I just happen to live in an area with less extreme views on the matter, with people who are more interested in having a discussion instead of trying to prove themselves right. But maybe this is just my own wishful thinking on the matter and is just an oddity.

I've noticed the opposite. Several times now I've gone out for one reason or another and overheard people having discussions about politics, not heated discussions, but more even keeled ones where they share information and discuss the travesty of the American system, where we are essentially voting for which criminal we want in office. I've even heard people mention Johnson in serious tones as a viable way to show protest. These have also been more mundane locations, such as waiting in line to checkout at the store, sitting down to a meal, ect. Maybe I just happen to live in an area with less extreme views on the matter, with people who are more interested in having a discussion instead of trying to prove themselves right. But maybe this is just my own wishful thinking on the matter and is just an oddity.

Yeah, that is one thing I have noticed.... Nearly everyone is pretty disgusted with our government, and the way things are going. What the past obama voters, and future hilary voters think is going to change if hilary gets elected is beyond me. I know I certainly don't want 4-8 years of the same....... I am not so much voting FOR The Donald, as I am voting AGAINST Hilary........ Your sentiment of "the lesser of two evils" is spot on. :D

That really shouldn't come as much of a surprise. :smile: I mean, after all, all my evil ways....... Windows and doors rattle when I walk into Churches...... :D It may have just been the trucks going by outside, but, I don't think so. :D

I see my typo history has made my point overlooked, lol

My joke was indeed the little h and the BIG H....*bang bang* hey this thing on?

Ouch, that one is real taboo. I have pretty extreme views on that matter and I don't ever express it to anyone both in real life and even in internet. This is pretty delicate topic as it is, and to discuss it openly will lead only to misunderstanding and conflict.