ATTENTION EVERYBODY!! DO NOT DOWNLOAD PATCH 1.2!! IT R

Blake81

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys I don't know if it will help you but I reverted after an update. I forgot to set steam to offline mode last night so it update while I was at school. I saw all the negative press so I went poking around to see what files in my directory updated. It looks like the only files that updated were skyrim.exe and skyrim-interface.bsa. I simply went to both of those files and reverted to an older version ... right click / properties / previous versions. I don't know if there are the only files that change so if others know of more let me know. Either way I reverted both of those files and I was able to load the game and checked my saved games and everything seemed to work well. I hope this helps. I did do all of this before I even booted up the game. Maybe that helped. it works

@ Lancealot74 ... Seriously are you some kind of feckless idiot. Quit copy and pasting my original post into all of these threads. Are you too lazy or stupid to write this on your own? This is the the second or third thread I have seen you paste this in. If you want to give people advice then do so but don't plagiarize me.

Hey guys I don't know if it will help you but I reverted after an update. I forgot to set steam to offline mode last night so it update while I was at school. I saw all the negative press so I went poking around to see what files in my directory updated. It looks like the only files that updated were skyrim.exe and skyrim-interface.bsa. I simply went to both of those files and reverted to an older version ... right click / properties / previous versions. I don't know if there are the only files that change so if others know of more let me know. Either way I reverted both of those files and I was able to load the game and checked my saved games and everything seemed to work well. I hope this helps. I did do all of this before I even booted up the game. Maybe that helped. it works

@ Lancealot74 ... Seriously are you some kind of feckless idiot. Quit copy and pasting my original post into all of these threads. Are you too lazy or stupid to write this on your own? This is the the second or third thread I have seen you paste this in. If you want to give people advice then do so but don't plagiarize me.

This is the only game I've bought that forced me to use Steam.

How do I turn off auto update?

I unticked every option in the settings.

Uninstalled Skyrim & then reinstalled from my disc, only to have it update with the broken patch as part of the installation.

Various friends of mine(who are blessed with faster connections)told me that Patch 1.2 has a serious game-killing bug. It reduces all your magic resistances to zero! You can kill an ice wraith with ice, vampires get can get poisoned, argonians no longer have their fire resistance and so on. I also checked around the net and it seems like lots of ppl are having similar issues. So, unless you wanna ruin your game DO NOT DOWNLOAD PATCH 1.2!!

wow, what have they done? 1st thing i noticed was NO FAST TRAVEL..wtf?

then , i found a spell book on a table, i stored it in my inventory and then i read it to activate the spell (was a conjuring spell i think) any way, as soon as the spell was activated i found that there was no way to exit the screen..again WTF ? i can now turn pages with the left and right mouse buttons but CAN"T exit the screen.... i had to Ctrl/Alt/Delete to start task manager and end process.....

i'm sure glad i backed up the interface.bsa file 1st...... i decided to get the cracked torrent version of the patch 1st so i could see what was in the patch.....the only file i changed in my game folder was the " interface.bsa file "..... so i just swapped it out with the one i had backed up ....whew....

This is why Bethesda should not be 'fixing' the game for us PC users. User made bug fixes are almost always better, and there's a logical explanation as to why. Modders are not as restricted as game developers are. The developer is on a tight schedule, whereas a modder can take his/her time on fixing things, listens to the community and takes longer periods of testing.

Why Bethesda insist on doing it for PC and making the game worse in the process is beyond me.

AND has a larger list of playtesters to ask if theres a problem

OK, I just checked and both those files are now missing from my game directory, the update deleated them and did not install the replacments, nowonder nothing happens when I click play from the boot program

I'm having an issue too! I just downloaded the Patch and when I tried to play (not load the game, open it)... nothing happens. The menu window just pop up again.

Me too! The initial menu pops up. I click PLAY. Then the Windows 7 User Account Control windows comes up, asking if the SkyrimLauncher may update. But if I say yes or no, in both cases the screen flashes and I'm dropped back to that menu again.

Aaaaa!

Oh thank god for you guys. I thought I was going insane here. My particular corruption actually manifested as an inability to save games beyond a certain point -- and this applied to everything. Fast travel, entering buildings, quick-save, regular save. As soon as I tried, boom, instant crash-to-desktop with no error messages of any kind.

I found one save from about two days ago that seemed okay (hated the idea of having to replay, but I did anyway). Anyway, within a couple minutes on that save position, crashing again.

So instead I skipped where I was, went elsewhere in the world, and although I didn't yet encounter the crash in about 20 minutes of play, but still couldn't quite trust things.

I did exactly this -- replacing Skyrim - Interface.bsa and the TESV.exe files with restore-point versions -- and voila, the supposedly broken save games from last night work just fine and no more CTDs.

THANK YOU.

(On edit: Yep, confirmed it was the patch. I reconnected, did a scan, let Steam patch the game with those two files. Back to CTD on saving. Exit game, re-replace those files with the old versions and no more save-game crashes.)

Edited by Technowitch