ATTENTION EVERYBODY!! DO NOT DOWNLOAD PATCH 1.2!! IT R

Blake81

I'm having an issue too! I just downloaded the Patch and when I tried to play (not load the game, open it)... nothing happens. The menu window just pop up again.

Me too! The initial menu pops up. I click PLAY. Then the Windows 7 User Account Control windows comes up, asking if the SkyrimLauncher may update. But if I say yes or no, in both cases the screen flashes and I'm dropped back to that menu again.

Aaaaa!

I just looked in the skyrim directory and the game skyrim.exe file is gone, somehow deleated so now the launcher has nothing to execute

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True story guys. Skyrim has crashed for me twice tonight. I haven't had one crash until now. D:

Plus I noticed resistance is definately not working like it used too. Haven't seen the backwards flying dragons...Sigh now it's probably going to crash regularly until they fix their unnessary fix. Gotta figure out how to roll this back myself now I guess.

Edited by gamefever

I'm having an issue too! I just downloaded the Patch and when I tried to play (not load the game, open it)... nothing happens. The menu window just pop up again.

Me too! The initial menu pops up. I click PLAY. Then the Windows 7 User Account Control windows comes up, asking if the SkyrimLauncher may update. But if I say yes or no, in both cases the screen flashes and I'm dropped back to that menu again.

Aaaaa!

Fixed!

I found this post on the Bathesda forums which fixed my problem!

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1284821-trouble-launching-the-game-post-patch/

cant say ive seen any differences to resistances or racial adjustments, my chars seem fine,

edit: if anything ive seen a improvement in my fps slightly, game still dies in a fire standing at the top of the staircase outside dragonsreach but everywhere else is getting around 2-3 extra fps

Edited by rhophius

This is why Bethesda should not be 'fixing' the game for us PC users. User made bug fixes are almost always better, and there's a logical explanation as to why. Modders are not as restricted as game developers are. The developer is on a tight schedule, whereas a modder can take his/her time on fixing things, listens to the community and takes longer periods of testing.

Why Bethesda insist on doing it for PC and making the game worse in the process is beyond me.

A million times this.

You're a little wrong about one thing though. User bug fixes are ALWAYS better than Bethesda's. If they had released the CK instead of this patch all the bugs in this game would be fixed within a month.

This is why Bethesda should not be 'fixing' the game for us PC users. User made bug fixes are almost always better, and there's a logical explanation as to why. Modders are not as restricted as game developers are. The developer is on a tight schedule, whereas a modder can take his/her time on fixing things, listens to the community and takes longer periods of testing.

Why Bethesda insist on doing it for PC and making the game worse in the process is beyond me.

AND has a larger list of playtesters to ask if theres a problem

Well that is not the best way to think about it. We did paid money, they're the professionals. They'll take a hefty PR hit from this if they don't fix it shortly.

We paid for the license, yes. Thus... we should have a working piece of software, correct? Not something they have now ruined. Right?

They made it this way.

AND has a larger list of playtesters to ask if theres a problem

Well that is not the best way to think about it. We did paid money, they're the professionals. They'll take a hefty PR hit from this if they don't fix it shortly.

We paid for the license, yes. Thus... we should have a working piece of software, correct? Not something they have now ruined. Right?

They made it this way.

He's saying that users could and would fix it better and faster had the CK been released when it was promised, on launch.

He isn't saying that they should be releasing buggy software.

Edited by Evilslay3r5

He's saying that users can and would fix it better and faster had the CK been released when it was promised, on launch.

Oh I see. I still think however that bethesda should be charged with fixing their stuff first. Not let them slip into "Oh its okay, we release it buggy and the community fixes it!" mindset. You get me?

They have the sources for everything in the game. Hopefully this blunder will make them wake up and actually do something.

Also has CK ever been released on launch? I remember it taking a LOOOONG time for fallout 3 CS to come out.

I'm not trying to make a problem, I am not pleased, just like everyone else and I too anxiously await a CS, apology and fix for this disaster of a patch.

Edited by Ultimatepurge

He's saying that users can and would fix it better and faster had the CK been released when it was promised, on launch.

Oh I see. I still think however that bethesda should be charged with fixing their stuff first. Not let them slip into "Oh its okay, we release it buggy and the community fixes it!" mindset. You get me?

They have the sources for everything in the game. Hopefully this blunder will make them wake up and actually do something.

Also has CK ever been released on launch? I remember it taking a LOOOONG time for fallout 3 CS to come out.

I know what you mean. They should be held accountable for the bugs they've created.

However, I would still rather have them release the CK and have all the bugs fixed in a month than have Bethesda take half a year to fix them all.