Bethesda and their fine products...

Einarth

I have so far been somewhat spared from the more glaring bugs out there, mostly just running into the occasional default purple texture-bug and some random CTDs. However, they and the preformance-issues have steadily been rising in pattern with the patch-releases... Coincidence? :teehee:

While I'm sure Bethesda really are doing their best to finally fix the game up to the standard its expected to hold and will do it right sooner or later, by this point I think noone can really be faulted for asking "Bethesda... Are the lot of you high?" :unsure:

Well, I'll live in hope... The patches haven't eaten my savefiles yet, at least.

Beth is trolling us... they read the forums for weeks and ended up taking it personally...

therefore backwards flying dragons.

I'm not saying they are deliberately botching stuff, I bet they earnestly

intended to successfully repair numerous bugs... and also introduce

the backwards flying dragon just for the lulz.

the rest of the bugs are probably unintended...

backwards flying dragons are an obvious trollface tho.

how could they not be?

I really think the people that have seen very few bugs must be playing the game in a very straight forward, quest-to-quest kind of way. The more you try out, the more ridiculous the game gets. I backstabbed a bard while she was playing a song and no one noticed 'cause of my high sneak skill. The thing is, everyone else in the room then stood up and started clapping... and never ever stopped. In the same room, I then jumped down the stairs, fell through the floor, out the bottom of the level and then respawned the other side of the tavern. A similar thing happened when I fell through the world while trying to jump up onto a ledge around the edge of Whiterun. This patch has introduced more bugs than it's fixed, such as removing all resistances from everything, so if you're a Nord, you're no longer 50% resistant to ice. Same goes for NPCs and enemies.

I've seen mammoths in trees, dragons flying through the ground, people spending all day getting into and out of the same chair - and sliding back and forth across the whole room to do so, several quest lines have been broken for me, the marriage glitch occurred for me, whenever I fast travel a horse appears next to me and then walks off (this is caused by befriending the guy outside Riften and getting onto his horse once (he lets you when you're friends)). There are quite obvious glitches several times an hour, and then a lot of not so much glitches as just sloppy programming, like two NPCs holding a conversation across an entire town square or your follower's pathfinding being absolutely atrocious. Also, gotta love how you can kill a guard and then carry his body through town, past all the other guards, and no one minds.

- a dragon's skeleton falling on my head when exiting the main door of the College of Winterhold

I've had that Dragon skeleton thing happen exactly as you mentioned. Twice. In slightly different locations of the college. I've also seen it in other places in Skyrim. Once, a dragon skeleton fell out of the sky right in front of me during a conversation, which was pretty funny. I've also seen flying mammoths, purple trees, and disappearing (seemingly on super-fast ice-skates) horses. Plus, I've had some crashes, and annoying bugs where arrows won't fire, or where a conjuration spell won't conjure.

And then there is the 'water becomes completely transparent if you dip into it at the right angle' thing. But that isn't a bug of course: that's just a limitation of the engine......the exact same limitation as was present in Oblivion's engine, and has now been replicated in their so-called "new" Creation engine.

But overall, I just thank God that this isn't anywhere near as buggy as Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas. The list of bugs and crashes I experienced in those games was just obscene: 100+ crashes, objects frequently sinking into the ground, warbling radio that took me hours of experimenting with codecs to fix for F3 and was downright unfixable on FNV (so I could never listen to the radio), stuttering music, blue screens of death, etc. etc. etc. Without any exxageration I had more more bugs and crashes in FNV than I would expect to experience in 20 non-Bethesda games combined. So, in my book, Bethesda have gotten much better. They still have some clowns working for them, but they're getting better.

I backstabbed a bard while she was playing a song and no one noticed 'cause of my high sneak skill. The thing is, everyone else in the room then stood up and started clapping... and never ever stopped. In the same room, I then jumped down the stairs, fell through the floor, out the bottom of the level and then respawned the other side of the tavern.

That's hilarious. Heartbreaking, but hilarious.

Darn. I have been looking forward to patch 1.2 hoping for some optimization, which nobody has mentioned yet anywhere.

I guess I'll stick with the bugs I have now instead. The most amusing being when I get off a horse while next to a wall only to see the poor beast catapulted 100 meters through the air.

Yes it only rarely happens on every occasion.

Edited by Martian1

only problem i have is the game crashing to the desktop when i fast travel to whiterun.. --8 out of 10 times

sometimes i crash when going through doors--- 1 outta 10 times

sometimes i crash when waiting. -- 1 outta 10 times

its only takes like 15 seocnds to get back in game and running around but it gets annoying..

other than that crash issue now and than, i havnt got any complaints except for the fact that in order to recharge enchanted s*** i have to set my damn keybinds to default cuz it wants me to hit T to recharge when i already have the buttons reserved for somthing else.... thats annoying as hell.