Unique downolad count wrong, again

MentalGear

For the second time now the number of unique downolads reduced itself because of some failure in the count system.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42551

The first time it was about four weeks ago, where about a hundred unique downloads got lost for some unknown reason. This time it was today. At 3 o'clock pm I had 1244 unique downloads, now it shows (wrong again) 1177.

So the real number should be around 1340.

Can someone please look into this and correct the too low number? It is pretty frustrating.

How can it be that the system reduces the number of unique downloads at all? Something is not right there.

Edited by Mental Gear

These numbers get calculated once a day, or some times once a week, rather than instantly. It saves on server load. Ergo when you lose, or gain, numbers it's because a stats run has been done and those are the true, real stats, rather than approximate guesses.

Thank you for the info. But I still don't understand how it can be that it shows 1244 unique downloads and then 3 hours later less. And both numbers are still lower than the sum total of all the unique downloads that have been made so far when I count together all the dwlds from my previous file versions and the newest one. Or were those numbers not reliable info(like containing double clicks or something)?

Hi! Sorry to revive this topic but I was wondering the same thing.

The post does not explain my case. My file got barely any dls for over a month. I had roughly 300 dls for the whole of november and now its 217. So that would mean the system corrected its estimate only after more than a month.

On the other hand, for some files it does show more unique dls than total dls. How do these numbers get so messed up?

• 4 months later...

My unique download count tripled sometime over the weekend for my mod Camp Golf Harbor. As much as I wish it were real, it went from roughly 360 to nearly 1,100 despite the files themselves showing no increase in downloads.

Now, if I can get added to the special forums for modders with more than 1,000 unique D/Ls before this gets fixed, that would be great. ;)