Infinite Loading Screen After Nuka World.

oxtyt

As titles states after playing and finishing the main quest for nuka world I had stared to build up the settlement found in the nuka world. But out of nowhere now my latest saves will not load. They will just get stuck in loading screen forever. I looked across the internet but could not find a solution.

I had uninstalled every mod and tried to load the saves but it did not help.

I have tried to load an earlier saves and literally just left the game running for 5-10 minutes, saved afterwards. But then again that new save would not load.

I have tried to load an earlier save and I have tried to go to an indoor location. Waited for 31 days after selling nearly all my equipment. Saved afterwards and it did not help. Could not load this new save as well.

It is as if the game is on timer and when i reach a certain point in game time it will just not load any new save made, be it automatic (such as the exit save or auto saves) or manual.

I really do not know what else to do. My save size is about 46mb but I have earlier 48-49mb saves which work fine.

It is funny nearly 700 hours of play and this is the only major issue I had, but it is definitely a huge game breaking bug since I literally cannot play anymore.

Any help would be appreciated. I will also post one of the problem saves here. (Character will not have hair and eyes since I had deleted all the mod before saving, but will still have lots of equipment in her inventory since I did not sell the equipment at this save.)

Link for the save file: https://mega.nz/#!aRcABAAD!xKtFJ0100evLluCFQvezVEBi9ZiAKDOsot5JknSFmpM

It's a long shot but you can try moving all your saves to another folder then fire up the game with no saves in it when you get the newgame, load menu exit the game then put your saves back into their normal folder and restart the game sometimes this can jar them into working atleast it did in Skyrim

Edited by ClayboTGW

Another thing that has worked for me in the past is to start the game by loading whatever save except for the last one and then, once the game is running, load your last save from within the game. Your explanation isn't quite clear on if you've already tried this, if not, have a go...

Another thing that has worked for me in the past is to start the game by loading whatever save except for the last one and then, once the game is running, load your last save from within the game. Your explanation isn't quite clear on if you've already tried this, if not, have a go...

Unfortunately I did try that without success, I have also tried what you have mentioned ClayboTGW, again it did not help.

I do not know what to do.

Have you unistalled say a settlement workshop addon mod like SOE or Snap N' Build or anything that injects scripts into the menu system lately? If you remove the mod without using the unistall holotapes it will cause havok to your save games

I have not deleted any scripted mod or any mod before this issue. As far I I could tell I had updated few scripted mods even before I got and started Nuka world.

Have you updated mod(s) that change/remove settlement objects? You should never do such a thing in a running game. The infos are stored in your savegame. If something is missing then, the whole save can go haywire. Especially if something is removed, that you build in your settlements.

I do not really use many settlement objects mods only few re-skins (texture) and one shower mod. I had updated that shower mod ages ago and when I started to build this settlement in nuka world I did not place any of that mod objects.

My problem is very weird, I have no problem loading saves till the game time comes to 04.07.2289 12:42. If I save after this point it will not load. Any saves made before works fine.

Recently I went to a very early save and loaded it waited few weeks and saved, and could not load again.

So today I tried to play the nuka world by joining the raider side (so far I had killed all the raider bosses in every other save) and waited past the date mentioned above and so far it works fine. I have finished the nuka world quest line turned the power on, but I am so scared that I did not even touch the workbench in nuka world red rocket station. It looks like the game wants me to join the raiders and not build on red rocket nuka world but this is ridiculous, never heard of a such issue before. I am also so scared that I did not upgrade the quantum power armor, that was also one of the last things I had done in the original save before this issue arose.

I will edit and update if the problem comes back at this playthrough and will also update if I could pin point the reason to a more specific thing.

Edit: Today the problem came back. I cannot load any new saves again :sad:

Edit2: Cause of the problem is nuka world dlc, Without it all my saves work. :(

Edited by oxtyt

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add another voice to the issue - I am having basically the exact same symptoms, but I have not done anything to do with settlements in Nukaworld yet, and have only recently taken over only 3 sections of the park (Kiddie Land, the Bottlecap Factory and Safari region). I've also noticed a recent and proportionally large jump of my savegame filesize that seems to coincide with this problem (but obviously I'm uncertain whether there's a causal connection...). Until about Sept 8th my savegame size was around 40.8 MB. When I open my last loadable save and re-save the game (even without doing *ANYTHING* or changing any mods), the new save is at least 46 MB.

Because I've been archiving my saves, I have a record of the savegame filesize slowly creeping up as continued to play the game (my character is now level 238... I've put a lot of hours into the game LOL). Before you suggest it, keep in mind that I keep my savegame directory pretty clear as I frequently archive old saves elsewhere since many people have suspected that a lot of saves in the savegame directory eventually causes the things to go off the rails.

I know Bethesda is pushing the boundaries of complexity with it's open world games and all that, but these seem like really strange issues to be having. Perhaps someone with a lot of programming knowledge could explain to me why having too many *other* savegames in the same directory would cause issues like this, or why the filesize can't seem to resist the continuous and seemingly unending bloat in spite of the finite and frequently resetting number of cells in the gameworld (I know we keep building up the various settlements but still - there are finite size limits and my save file is *46 MB*). I do have a decent number of mods installed so maybe an update is causing the conflict. I'll post the list here if others want to cross-reference - just reply and let me know.