The New Commonwealth Provisional Government

Cybervore

The Minutemen themselves are cool, but it seems rather unethical that the minutemen would stay in control and maintain peace throughout all of Massachusetts. Instead of the Minutemen General being the head of Government, a president or Governor could be elected as the new commander and Chief of the Commonwealth. Being in such a high political status would involve choosing the new Capital, organizing a police force to maintain order all through the City and town/roads, as well as building up and equipping a national army to defend and protect the commonwealth's citizens and territories. Diplomacy and War with all the big Fallout Factions would play a big part of the mod, and your decisions would ultimately affect the entire country as a whole. Setting tax rates and creating laws as well as foreign policy would affect the nations populace and their overall opinion of you, whether you are a great leader, or a prying dictator wannabe near impeachment.

A mod like this would improve the lone survivors involvement in the Commonwealths affairs, and would eventually make the player make some of the difficult choices that leaders today have to make every day including Trade, Diplomacy, and even War if need be.

Imagining it years down the line, the commonwealth has become equal or nearly as powerful as the NCR..Downtown Boston cleansed of filth and enemies, lit up like New Vegas with spot lights,neon and bustling ambience that can be witnessed for miles..thats a dream I hope someone can somehow achieve.

http://img03.deviantart.net/c828/i/2015/164/0/f/fallout__flag_of_the_new_england_commonwealth_by_okiir-d8x63xm.png

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/8/8f/FO_New_England_Commonwealth.gif/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/840?cb=20100501182844

Edited by Cybervore

I second this idea although I'm sure it would be feat indeed i think it would be amazing to behold and would make the story as a whole much better considering things you do impact the capitol wastes a lot of the time but the effects are meager at best unless its the main story line and even then the choices are lacking. This would be awesome for those of us who like to immerse ourselves in the characters story and having options like this would be great.

Long live the Khans.

why not both?
the "crazy good" link to another one of my posts is important to this but... tada
I'm beginning to think "living breathing world" in terms of things with this setup, so much to do though :^)
I've been tacking motivation here and there, it's definitely a lot of other peoples' ideas as well as my own, or other peoples ideas set up in how I think it could work with the rest
crazy good is an important link to this
obviously some of the stuff might have been taken to run a little far, but that's okay, it's not totally necessary (the backstory aspect)
https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4784215-yet-another-government-mod-idea/

could even start running into other vault dwellers doing the nomad adventure type thing, the backstory just needs to be altered a bit and then there's a reason everyone's coming here

Edited by tartarsauce2

I second this idea although I'm sure it would be feat indeed i think it would be amazing to behold and would make the story as a whole much better considering things you do impact the capitol wastes a lot of the time but the effects are meager at best unless its the main story line and even then the choices are lacking. This would be awesome for those of us who like to immerse ourselves in the characters story and having options like this would be great.

Long live the Khans.

Reference +1