MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ $ 189.99

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 925 Deneb 2.8GHz $ 89.99

GPU: Sapphire 100323L Radeon HD 6570 1 GB $ 69.99

RAM: CORSAIR XM53 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 1600 $ 45.99

CASE: ANTEC Three Hundred Black Steel Mid-Tower $ 59.99

PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W $ 104.99

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500GB SATA 6.0GB/s $ 42.99

Total(Before S@H) 703.92

I welcome constructive criticism. I can do with less if possible.

I think I can get a cheaper motherboard and it will still last a long time. Suggestions?

I can upgrade my GPU and CPU in march. I think I will wait a few weeks to see if there are any Christmas sales before I buy everything.

Can someone tell me what GPU I can use to play skyrim on at least medium?

Edited by jayrinn

Real overkill on that PSU. For that card + CPU.

But I guess it's a good idea since you'll probably be upgrading the GPU and CPU. Same for the motherboard.

Yeah, I figured as much. I may go with a 500W for now.

Real overkill on that PSU. For that card + CPU.

But I guess it's a good idea since you'll probably be upgrading the GPU and CPU. Same for the motherboard.

Yeah, I figured as much. I may go with a 500W for now.

But if you're 100% sure you'll upgrade in March, I'd say go with the 750W. It'll be cheaper than buying a 500W now and then upgrading later if you find out that the 500W isn't enough.

i say go with the second mobo i showed you, the ASRock one. like $60 cheaper and still gunna do you fine.

and for a little bit more, i suggest you get Win 7 Pro. it adds a few more options for the user and will be supported longer then Home by Microsoft.

and yea, everything will hold you over until you can afford to upgrade. deff stay with the 750W PSU if you plan on upgrading. it will still be overkill (unless you wanna do Crossfire/SLI) but a little bit of overkill in the PSU isnt a bad thing.

i say go with the second mobo i showed you, the ASRock one. like $60 cheaper and still gunna do you fine.

and for a little bit more, i suggest you get Win 7 Pro. it adds a few more options for the user and will be supported longer then Home by Microsoft.

and yea, everything will hold you over until you can afford to upgrade. deff stay with the 750W PSU if you plan on upgrading. it will still be overkill (unless you wanna do Crossfire/SLI) but a little bit of overkill in the PSU isnt a bad thing.

I'll go with the ASROCK one.I doubt it will be able to use the bulldozer cpu, but whats the highest CPU I can match with it?

I'll go with the ASROCK one.I doubt it will be able to use the bulldozer cpu, but whats the highest CPU I can match with it?

It supports dozer. You can go ahead and slap an 8 core in there..

dont get the bulldozer. if you get a CPU get the 1100T. its the best CPU AMD has right now. bulldozer is newer, but it didnt exactly live up to expectations. the 1100T is just as good, better in some areas....however that board will support future CPUs such as Piledriver which is supposed to be coming out sometime in the Spring.

anything that says AM3+ will support future AMD CPUs

dont get the bulldozer. if you get a CPU get the 1100T. its the best CPU AMD has right now. bulldozer is newer, but it didnt exactly live up to expectations. the 1100T is just as good, better in some areas....however that board will support future CPUs such as Piledriver which is supposed to be coming out sometime in the Spring.

anything that says AM3+ will support future AMD CPUs

I read about the bulldozer, what was AMD thinking? Since I am getting the ASROCK motherboard, what is a great quality GPU I can get? Radeon 6850?