Things I always wanted to do...

samroski

In Morrowind it was spears- I always wanted to use/try spears- but never got around to it.

In Oblivion it is spell making- I see these alters- and have this great desire to experiment with them- but have not got around to doing it (with near 1000 hours of playing- AND with characters using mainly magic!)

--Get more people and throw them off of Dive Rock. (You know, tell them to 'Wait here' and then blast them) I've only done so with Adoring Fan

--Read more books. I don't know where to begin

--Play a non-sneaking character, heavy armoured with a blunt weapon.. I LOVE SNEAKING SO MUCH. The bonus attack+ is just so...enticing...

--Play a character that sticks to one thing, and isn't a supreme jack of all trades. Like--all my characters are Arch Mages, Listeners, Masters and so on and so forth.

I’m with you; I never really got around to role-playing out a specific character. It’s just not rewarding and becoming the supreme jack of all trades is just ‘the way to go’ to really get ahead in TES games. They never offer a bonus that would ‘go away’ if you changed roles… say you had 100 in light armor but you’d never get that +50% defense if you had heavy armor above 50. *shrugs*

I never got around to playing Imperials or Bosmers or Brentons or Orcs. I’ve never decided to be a PURE free-form level-upper … there’s always in the back of my mind saying “no don’t wear that heavy piece, you already have 10 increases in heavy armor this level…”

There’s one thing I “never” did that I am now TRYING to do... don’t use cities. Yeah, just freely explore until you’ve found it all, and THEN do the main quest. I did go to the IC once to buy two things for Frostcrag (because it’s the only ‘house’ you can get except dunbarrow cove (which also needs to be outfitted once in the city as does the vile lair)) but after that one time visit, I’ve not gone back. I’m finding it very rewarding to stash all my things in Frostcrag and have no need for money (despite the initial cost of vault and sleeping chambers – the only two things I bought for it). But ‘maybe’ I’ll succeed… but until I do, that’s something I’ve never done.

I never got around to playing Imperials or Bosmers or Brentons or Orcs. I’ve never decided to be a

explore until you’ve found it all, and THEN do the main quest. I did go to the IC once to buy two things

I also wanted to play other races- but all the characters that I have played for more than 20 hours have been Bretons (except for my first morrowind character who was an Argonian)

About not doing the main quest- I finally managed to do this with my current character. I never gave the amulet to Jauffere and once when I got near Kavatch and the sky started to turn red- I turned tail and ran- and life is SO good- with no gates... exploring is so much more fun

And Sojiro- I always wanted to play a sneaking character- and I even installed a mod that increases that sneak attack to nearly a certain kill (to inspire me to sneak)- but can you believe it that I have never done it!!!!

Finish the main quest. There's just too much appeal for creating new characters and trying out different home possibilities to stick to one character long enough. Morrowind's worse. I'm not playing that game again until I retire. Or next weekend. Whichever comes first.

Archived