EVE-Online

TheTerminator2004

To be in charge of one, yes. But the amount of time you put in is totally up to you. I recently commanded a nice 60-man fleet (small compared to some of the 0.0 fleets, but we were in Empire Space, so it was relatively big) in a war against Racketeers (RAK), who decided to declare war on E-UNI thinking that we were just a big group of noobs who didn't have a clue what we were doing. How wrong they were... they surrendered just 2 days into the war, leaving us with a kill efficiency of 84.91% (you can see all the results here). Proof that if enough new players in frigates (for many people, it was their first ever taste of pvp) get together in EVE, they can still do some serious damage. I'm only a pretty casual player (6-7 hours a week usually), and I managed to do a good job of it, especially considering it was my first taste of command (we popped an Abbaddon!), which goes to show that you don't need to play obsessively in order to do a good job of leading. Obviously, managing a 2-3000 man corp is something else completely. :P

It's definitely worth at least trying out the trial, and giving it a go, you might be pleasantly surprised! :)

The titans aren't a major problem, but the amount of carriers and motherships they have to support the titans are. I can't wait to read the reports and see the videos of the upcoming fleet battles of BoB vs. the universe! ;)

Something tells me you haven't had the wonderful experience of a DD shot blowing away your entire fleet. I can't say I've been in one myself, but I've jumped in on the results... it's even more fun since we have multiple titans. You might be able to tank the first DD, but the second one will finish you off quite nicely. Sadly the videos may be a bit lacking... given our numbers, and the even bigger numbers of people who want to kill us, you aren't going to get much out of it. I don't know how many big fleet battles you've been in, but the slideshow lag is really not that impressive to watch. And that's assuming we can avoid crashing the node...

So I'll ask again... what's your character name? Just out of curiousity, I'd like to see if you ever show up on my killmails, and keep an eye out for your pod when I'm dropping bubbles.

So I'll ask again... what's your character name? Just out of curiousity, I'd like to see if you ever show up on my killmails, and keep an eye out for your pod when I'm dropping bubbles.

That's wishful thinking. My character name is Dark Sensei. Feel free to stick a bounty on my head, too, if you like :P

One of our stations is actually named the Doomsday Survivors Retreat after the alliance fleet taking the system survived a DD strike. Might have been two, can't remember. A testament to the skill of the fleet, and BoB's over dependence at that time (from being too greedy and stretching themselves too thin, a foolish mistake) on their big guns. Seems your alliance is now paying the price quite heavily for their arrogance! :)

Let's not also forget the t20 incident that got you into this mess in the first place!

ooh, Dark0ne, I see you're online now... if I knew where you were, I'd come and fight you, just for the hell of it, but I doubt my T1 fitted Vexor could do much damage :P

Also, I believe uni has a NAP with BRUCE, so it'd probably cause a major diplomatic incident, so I'd best not :P

Someday when I've moved to nullsec, we'll have to do a bit of sparring :)

In other news, I just broke the 20 million isk mark for the first time! Yay!

Well I'm only in a ratting Drake (lol...using HAMs and a MWD) but ratting in 0.0 is so different to mission running in empire that you don't need to worry half as much about tanking. My raven should be arriving tomorrow from empire then I'll be making about 30mil an hour from ratting; I was making 20mil an hour just now after chaining some decent rat spawns.

How many SP is your character, Terminator? You should seriously consider moving out to 0.0, either with your corp or by changing corps; it's such a different climate and makes the game 100% more enjoyable. What is stopping you at the moment?

I've got a friend going out in small PVP gangs taking out BS's and stuffin 0.0. Think he's only got 2mil SP, can never have too many tacklers! Honestly, low SP isn't an excuse. You can have a useful PVP ship in just a couple of days!

What happens if you break the minimum term of service? :X

One of our stations is actually named the Doomsday Survivors Retreat after the alliance fleet taking the system survived a DD strike. Might have been two, can't remember. A testament to the skill of the fleet, and BoB's over dependence at that time (from being too greedy and stretching themselves too thin, a foolish mistake) on their big guns. Seems your alliance is now paying the price quite heavily for their arrogance! :)

It's not a perfect defense, but multiple titans are really not something you want to face. I suspect with more and more alliances getting them, they're going to get a nerf in the near future. One DD is bad enough, 2-3 will kill pretty much all fleet ships, and with more titans you start getting DD shots every 15 minutes. Sure, you can still swarm through it if you're willing to take enough losses (Goonswarm anyone?), but it's not easy.

And I'd hardly say it's arrogance to depend on titans. They do the job very well. The only problem is the sheer numbers against us. It's going to be really amusing once we finally lose our last sovereignty claims and everyone suddenly finds themselves without a target to unite against. I don't think BoB is going to stay dead for long... once you all start fighting each other, we'll just sneak back in and grab a few regions.

Let's not also forget the t20 incident that got you into this mess in the first place!

No, let's not. Let's also not forget Goonswarm's DOS attacks on the forums, and how they released their fake "CCP are cheaters" story to every major gaming news source. I really get tired of the whole BoB are cheaters bit... the T20 incident was bad, but we're hardly the only ones with a black mark on our record. It's just nobody seems to care when other alliances do it.

And I'd hardly say it's arrogance to depend on titans.

The arrogance reference was more towards your open policy on wanting to rule the universe, expanding into regions you couldn't possible hold onto if some wars broke out, and then your dependence on pet corps to keep you going! :X

It's going to be really amusing once we finally lose our last sovereignty claims and everyone suddenly finds themselves without a target to unite against.

Yes sir, I can't wait for that day. That's why we're so busy trying to fortify Fountain, it'll probably be one of the first targets for Goon or MC with them knowing we've only been there for a month or two. I'm really hoping that Goon and Red Alliance will go at it, but I highly doubt that will happen.

I don't think BoB is going to stay dead for long... once you all start fighting each other, we'll just sneak back in and grab a few regions.

I think you're right. I think it may even suit BoB to have a new leaf to start from and do a bit of the old guerilla warfare on regions. Wonder how the current warring states will take to BoB coming back though?

No, let's not. Let's also not forget Goonswarm's DOS attacks on the forums, and how they released their fake "CCP are cheaters" story to every major gaming news source. I really get tired of the whole BoB are cheaters bit... the T20 incident was bad, but we're hardly the only ones with a black mark on our record. It's just nobody seems to care when other alliances do it.

You are public enemy number one at the moment. That's sort of how it works :X

Archived