SKYRIM VS ZELDA:Skyward Sword! GO VOTE!

OnlyOneWing

I understand that a lot of people come to these forums with minor gripes. But you have to admit that Skyrim is an amazing game, and it definitely deserves to win over Skyward sword. Skyrim has many times the amount of sales that Skyward Sword has...there is no way Skyward Sword should win. So go vote, and don't let those little kids... the same ones with the squeeky voices on Xbox live... don't let those little freaks win. :verymad:

http://www.g4tv.com/vgdm/best-game-2011/

I agree that Skyrim is a completely beautiful game, its minor bugs and glitches do not interfere with the fluid game play involved. Do sales really sway who you vote for? From the game designers point of view, sure, the sales is the most important factor. As a user however it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I haven't had a chance to play Skyward Sword yet, but after reading numerous praising reviews naming it the best in the Zelda (hard to believe, yet intriguing) I'll definitely be giving it a buy. The thing that concerns me is you thinking that the majority of Zelda's fan base are the famous xbox360 'squeaks' how did you come to this conclusion. in all honesty I'd expect more to buy Skyrim than Skyward Sword.

I understand that a lot of people come to these forums with minor gripes. But you have to admit that Skyrim is an amazing game, and it definitely deserves to win over Skyward sword. Skyrim has many times the amount of sales that Skyward Sword has...there is no way Skyward Sword should win. So go vote, and don't let those little kids... the same ones with the squeeky voices on Xbox live... don't let those little freaks win. :verymad:

http://www.g4tv.com/vgdm/best-game-2011/

In my area it's more the case that mature (older) players are the ones playing skyward sword. well when they aren't playing skyrim or Cod (i hate cod).

I'm voting for Skyward Sword. I appreciate Skyrim immensely, but Skyward Sword got a way bigger positive reaction from me. Also, I agree with Nintendo because they don't like DLC because they release a full game so they don't cheat their customers with DLC. Skyward Sword also just brought more new stuff to the table that I am content with.

I'm not saying Skyrim is a bad game by any means and I did get more replay value out of it, but Skyward Sword took a step up in storytelling for the entire series and the gameplay pretty much defines how Wii games should have been designed since day one. None of the Wii controls really feel like minigames within a game anymore. Also, Skyward Sword is definitely the best game in the series yet.

Also, I think the fact that the most of the game's worth comes from community mods shouldn't count at all on how good a game is. That's just how good we make it. I don't think about that when criticizing Bethesda games.

Edited by cliftonsj