Skyrim Audiobooks

Emmarae

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let me know what you think

I like it. An interesting (South African?) accent, which adds something to the book. A few pronnciations sound a bit off, but I'm sure that you can sort that out. It is a solid reading, although it sounds like you weren't terribly confident. I'm sure this will improve with time, and you picked a very long book, so I can understand this. Sorry, if this sounds overly critical; I'm not trying to. Good luck with future recordings.

Edited by Incrediblezagzag

@qw56q

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/topic/1576-workshop-05-acting-guide/

Read this, but let me say you have a good voice you just need to learn how to use it. Clear, easy pronunciation is vital. You'll also need to consider reducing the tempo of your voice either by reading slower or altering it via Audacity.

let me know what you think

I like it. An interesting (South African?) accent, which adds something to the book. A few pronnciations sound a bit off, but I'm sure that you can sort that out. It is a solid reading, although it sounds like you weren't terribly confident. I'm sure this will improve with time, and you picked a very long book, so I can understand this. Sorry, if this sounds overly critical; I'm not trying to. Good luck with future recordings.

Thanks yes I'm South African! I love getting feed back because then I can improve. Yeah I wasn't sure about most of name pronnciations which effected my confidence and I wasn't sure if I should have gone back to my natural voice when the Great Sage started telling the story but I think it works. what do you think? any tips or suggestions? plus that's without any editing i'm not really sure how to do that.

Sorry, I have not read all the pages, But I shall upload as many books as I can.

Studio mic so I should get some quality material.

I wanted to do something similar to this a long time ago in Oblivion, but never got around to it. :)

edit - I hope ogg files are ok, If not im sure there will be a converter sometime.

I shall edit this post with all the books I have done, you should edit the front thread with ones that are:

Done

Needed

Need Re-doing

So far I have done:

Advances In Lockpicking. Advances In Lockpicking

Thalmor Dossier: Delphine: Thalmor Dossier: delphine

Edited by AllanOcelot

Ok, so I'm back from escapading across the United States in search of family to waste time with. If I could have everyone that has recordings PM the DL links to me, I'd greatly appreciate it. I need to start collaborating them all because I'm either going to go with scriptdragon (still learning) or the CK+SKSE. Either way, if I'm going to start doing the links between books and their recordings I'm going to need the said recordings. Thanks. -Emm

What a FANTASTIC idea. I have a studio in my home. I will give the speech thing a try and see if I can come up with a useful voice. I am from US, Utah, so the accent may be a bit different.8)

Yes, I did effects for the Dremora's voice part only because I felt it necessary (though I have the original, unedited version if anyone's interested in hearing it.) I feel some parts are too loud and others too soft. What does the board think?

When you have effects on one voice that should trail off and not abruptly cut off, you should use a multi-track recorder like Reaper.

It's free to use indefinitely, but for $60 you can get upgrades up to version 5.99.

That way you can have the narrator or boy voice on one channel un-effected, and the dremora voice on the other channel with real-time effects applied, which

also lets' you control the volume of each track and lets the effects on the dremora voice trail off naturally without getting abruptly cut off.

The dremora's effects cut off abruptly, which is why I'm suggesting the multi-track option, because with the dremora and effects on the other tracks, the effects will fade naturally in the background

So something like track one, narrator voice, track two Dremora voice and effects.