Is it possible to assign pip-boys to the new vault dwellers?

ryjonn

It actually worked for me for a while, when I got the DLC. I'd just give them a pip-boy, and they'd instantly equip it. I wouldn't even have to press T. There's some script on those, so the instant you transfer it to their inventory, on their arm it goes.

I'm not entirely sure when it stopped working. Might be when I got some mod to rename the settlers or such?

Yea I was wondering about that too, she directs you to the crate to pick up the pipboys but whenever I tried to give it to a settler it just reappeared back in my inventory. Broken mechanic or maybe a mod conflict? I do have a hide pipboy mod that likely would be the cause if anything I haven't bothered to disable it and try.

It's buggy as f*#@. I could hand out pip boys to my first six settlers or so, but the new arrivals just stored them in their inventories without equipping them. And that's the only way to go, far as I know. You can't equip them manually. At least I haven't found a way to do so and couldn't be arsed to look up some console command, since they're only for show anyway.

Nah, he's right. You can't use T to equip them. Either they automatically go on the arm, and disappear from the inventory, or if it stays in the inventory, that's that.

Far as I can tell -- but I can be wrong -- the pipboys you get from the crate aren't the actual pipboys. The actual pipboys like yours don't show up in the inventory. The pipboys that show in your inventory are just some scripted item to spawn and equip the real thing.

I used T to equip Clem's pipboy, should be the same procedure for the others, excluding the known issues of them refusing to take it.

Moraelin, on 12 Sept 2016 - 4:57 PM, said:

Far as I can tell -- but I can be wrong -- the pipboys you get from the crate aren't the actual pipboys. The actual pipboys like yours don't show up in the inventory. The pipboys that show in your inventory are just some scripted item to spawn and equip the real thing.

Broken item check/equip script maybe?