Is it possible to assign pip-boys to the new vault dwellers?

ryjonn

This topic has come up previously. It has been broken like this from the start. I may try one of the mods linked earlier in the thread or the tricks mentioned by Vormina. Moraelin is right that the crate pip boys are not functional like the PC's pipboy. I am using the BYOP (build your own poo)l mod. You need to adjust the settings for the mod by scrolling down to the bottom of the misc inventory list or your pipboy may disappear if you go in the pool. I had this happen and spent an hour trying to get my pipboy back. I tried everything including equipping one of the crate pipboys. After some aggravation I gave in and loaded an older save and adjusted the settings for BYOP so it would not happen again

I always use the hide Pip Boy mod in any given Fallout game, since playing in 3rd person, I hate that giant machine on their arms. So I really don't consider it a big deal if they don't equip it. It has it's touch, much like a slave collar. To show they're mine. But that's about all, since the pip boys are eye candy only.

From my experience, you can activate one of the grey vault tec boxes near the vault door and it should add one Pipboy to your MISC section. If you give that to a settler, it will equip it instantly.

Just dont try to carry more than one of them around or it may bug out.

Edited by Stygs