Does anyone still play Skyrim?

Lehcar

Well I'm still playing since 2012, when I first got the game.

Now it's having fun with mods like: INIGO and other such mods that add a twist. I am still on the fence about Enderal, but after this play through, I might just give it a try. Time will tell.

People are playing. New mods are being made for Skyrim every day, A new 64-bit version for XBox and the PC will be coming out, There are quest mods galore. Check out the Inigo mod that jjb54 mentioned, as well as the Vilja mod. Those two mods made game history by being interactive. Don't forget Skyrim's premier mod, Interesting NPCs.

Skyrim is consistently in the top 20 played games on Steam. Currently 24,218 are playing it right now, including myself. To give context, Skyrim regularly comes close to or beats Fallout 4 in the top rankings. I'd say there are quite a few people still playing Skyrim today.

I play Skyrim every single day. Even if it's just to try on a new armor mod, or to build a house with Woodcutter, or to test a latest version of mods in my stack.

I've even done a few playthroughs without mods at all since the nasty business from last April. Still fun. Still worth every penny I paid for the game...in fact, one of the very few games I've purchased in the past 10 years that was actually worth the price.

Next month (provided the SE is still on schedule) will see a resurgence in kewl dewds talking about Skyrim on social media, so take heart. With any luck, Brodual's computer will be fixed, and Gopher will lift his moratorium on Skyrim. Maybe Cam and Seb will do some top 5 mod shows, assuming that's not IP of Gamespot, and I'm sure Insane0hflex will showcase mods for the SE. No Trendkill let's plays or newbie guides, sadly, but that's YouTube's fault.

Anyway, Skyrim is the opposite of dead. Just not as many people talking about it on the internet right now, but that will soon change.*

*Except on Playstation. Derp.

Edited by phantompally76

With new 64bit / DX11 Remastered version being released soon and all the possible customization due to 49.000+ mods on nexus, I suspect people will refuse to stop playing it even when TESVI gets published. Modders made some preaty amazing content and breakthrough mods withing last few year. Go and search titles like:

Skyrim Ascendancy Engine framework (there is someone working on combat animation plugin for it)

Relationship Dialogue Overhaul

INIGO

Interesting NPCs

Inconsequential NPCs

iNeed

Frostfall

Immersive Horses

TK Dodge 2.0

Wildcat

Audio Overhaul for Skyrim 2

Vivid Weathers

Jaxonz Positioner

all the animation packs for FNIS

Enderal

Just by looking at those few mods you can see the hidden potential for transforming your game. Not to mention all more personal mods like Druid spell packs, Undeath for Necromancers, Thief mods, quests, walking mushroom / lamp followers. There is no end to it.

Even MxR is still releasing his Skyrim mods reviews at least every two weeks on his youtube channel. It's all about the mods really. I haven't played vanilla game since like end of 2012.

Skyrim seems almost as dead as Oblivion these days. Please let me know I'm not entirely alone. :sad:

I don't know where did you get that idea. This couldn't have been more wrong. Where have you been all this time?

Edited by BlackRoseOfThorns

Mods do amazing things for a games' lifespan. Bethesda know that if they provide the tools for heavy modding, even if they release an average game people will buy it anyway for the mod value and years down the road it will still be considered a classic worth playing.

I would have a very different view of skyrim if it was not so mod friendly, and I definitely wouldn't still be playing it. Credit where it's due to the mod authors out there who usually don't make a dime for all their hard work, and Bethesda for not being a totally blind corporate machine hellbent on alienating the community like so many others. Sometimes I think they might lean a little too heavily on mod creators though... compare base morrowind to base skyrim and you realize how much stuff has hit the cutting room floor over the years.