( Video Tutorial) How to Get Custom Weapons Into Skyrim!

somuchmonsters

Problem!

Doing this on Max 2010 32-bit.

When I click on "Merge Morpher", nothing happens. I'm attempting this on the Blades F mesh. I've deleted the existing skeleton I imported before, and cleared the modifier stack of everything. I click it and... nothing. A new skeleton rig does not appear.

Also, if I'm doing this to an existing mesh that I want to preserve rigging on, can I cut/paste the existing skin modifier in once I hit the "add modifiers" button? Automatic rigging really doesn't work in making things look right, I've already started a mod that fixes all the messes that Beth caused when they just slapped an auto-skin job on several meshes.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madcat: You need to be using max 2012 currently. I am working on the max 9+ max file but ran into a few blocking issues in setup. I'll post here when it's compatible with other versions.

Davis: if you are using max 2012 then there shouldnt be any problems. I'll investigate further after work.

Madcat: You need to be using max 2012 currently. I am working on the max 9+ max file but ran into a few blocking issues in setup. I'll post here when it's compatible with other versions.

Davis: if you are using max 2012 then there shouldnt be any problems. I'll investigate further after work.

Thanks, take your time!

Ok, question!

I'm new at 3ds, but I've managed to reshape an armor set from Oblivion, hoping to port it to Skyrim. The only real issue I've come across that I can't seem to solve is that when I try to export as a .nif, I get this error 'you have attempted to add a child to a Ninode which already is the child of another Ninode'.

Do you guys know what this means exactly? How can I fix it?

Carrol: I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with that error. Sounds like some parenting issues.

Alright. The files are now compatible with 2010-2012. Max 9 was obstinate and I realized the exporter doesnt even work with max 9 in the first place. =)

www.joepikop.com/somuchmorpher.zip is updated!

Ok, question!

I'm new at 3ds, but I've managed to reshape an armor set from Oblivion, hoping to port it to Skyrim. The only real issue I've come across that I can't seem to solve is that when I try to export as a .nif, I get this error 'you have attempted to add a child to a Ninode which already is the child of another Ninode'.

Do you guys know what this means exactly? How can I fix it?

something in the heirarchy or perhaps skin, make sure flatten hierarchy is ticked on the export dialogue

Edited by Ghogiel

if you unequip the boots and gloves, is it still invisible? If it appears when everything is unequiped but that, then it's the body part assigned to that partition in the BSDismemberSkinInstance. If it is still invisible even if you unequip everything.. well could be a bunch of things at that point.