( Video Tutorial) How to Get Custom Weapons Into Skyrim!

somuchmonsters

if you have 2 meshes that have the same UV layout that would be your morphs, but the vertex order is different, then clone one version, use textools swap XYZ UVW and then skinwrap the clone version to the other. then swap the UVW and XYZ back. It'll conform the clone to the other mesh perfectly without fail. the prereq is that you UVed it some point before making the other morph.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked at your other post about this topic and don't understand the "align" part. When I swap the UVW back after skin wrapping to the target model, the mesh appears way off the screen. When do I reset xforms?

Again I probably sound like a complete idiot, but I really don't know what's going on.

Edited by jimhsu

yeah it'll throw the mesh off out there, at least it did mine, just use the align tool to put it back to where the other mesh is.

you don't need to reset xform on your cloned skin wrapped mesh, you shouldn't have touched it's transforms, they should all be zeroed. if you do any transforming to line the flattened meshes up so skin wrap doesn't need to fill in any gaps with threshold and distance from each others verts, you do any transforms needed on the one that isn't the clone. then you should probably reset that ones xforms before you skin wrap your clone to it to avoid it causing you issues.. when you swap back to xyz.

I have a little texture problem.

I created a new weapon in 3ds max and also made a new uv map. The texture shows up correctly in 3ds max but in skyrim the texture is applied wrong. The image is the right one but it seems like it doesn't read the uv coordinates correctly.

I tried copying the BSLightingShader from an existing weapon and changing its texture paths. I also tried to export it with the texture and modify the included BSLightingShader to match the original. None worked.

How do I get a custom UV map working??

edit:

I think I fixed it. The uv got messed up somehow. Not it is correct when I inspect it in nifskope but now I have an other problem: The mesh doesn't show up ingame although I didn't change anything at the model or the workflow. It's invisible :(

Edited by realadry1

I have a little texture problem.

I created a new weapon in 3ds max and also made a new uv map. The texture shows up correctly in 3ds max but in skyrim the texture is applied wrong. The image is the right one but it seems like it doesn't read the uv coordinates correctly.

I tried copying the BSLightingShader from an existing weapon and changing its texture paths. I also tried to export it with the texture and modify the included BSLightingShader to match the original. None worked.

How do I get a custom UV map working??

edit:

I think I fixed it. The uv got messed up somehow. Not it is correct when I inspect it in nifskope but now I have an other problem: The mesh doesn't show up ingame although I didn't change anything at the model or the workflow. It's invisible :(

Have vertex colors on? Or no?

• 1 month later...

I have a question.

I looked through the thread and I couldn't find anyone talking about the same problem I am having.

Does this script work for female armor yet? I made a male armor and I got it to work with the body slider.

It worked well.

But, when I tried to make a female version, I swapped out the body model and I told it that it was female light,

then when I went to make it female heavy, it buffed it up to male heavy level.

I tried starting at heavy and going lighter too, but that made the body super skinny.

Should I post some pictures?

I must be doing something wrong, but I am not sure what.

If anyone could help me it would be really appreciated!

Even with the problems, this is a super awesome tool, and I love using it!

Thanks somuchmonsters!

Edited by valorman

I can't look at the script right now as I dont have max installed on this machine. I'm pretty certain it is working correctly--you have to understand that the male/female conversion is a bit sad looking since the breasts generally should require a little more attention. Did I just type that? Jesus. Long week.

Yeah,

I just looked into it further and I realized that it was doing exactly what it was supposed to be, but I just didn't like how the morph state looked.

I edited the morph state for female heavy to be much closer to the vanilla in game model and it made a big difference.

The arms are now like they should be and the breasts.... need less attention... =P

If anyone would like a copy of the max file with more accurate morph states for the female morphs, I would be happy to upload it.

It makes for much less tweaking.

So thanks again for the awesome tool, I wouldn't be able to make skyrim armor really at all without it.

Oh and also, I love your work, it is really awesome!

Now off to make some armor!

Edited by valorman

• 4 weeks later...