⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

4760, as much as I'm happy to have a kenku, there were some beautiful custom kenku made for NWN1 by Ryuujin, and I wonder if they might be converted.

I downloaded Ryuujin's files. I confirm they can be converted, but I'll finish the dragons first (only parry and dodge animations missing, it should be a matter of days).

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4760, as much as I'm happy to have a kenku, there were some beautiful custom kenku made for NWN1 by Ryuujin, and I wonder if they might be converted.

I downloaded Ryuujin's files. I confirm they can be converted, but I'll finish the dragons first (only parry and dodge animations missing, it should be a matter of days).

Normal texture added, idle animation done:

1088-3-1482514055.jpg

Since kenkus are basically wingless aarakocras, I used the second model to make aarakocras:

1088-1-1482514055.jpg

1088-0-1482514055.jpg

The wings are optional though, so it's quite easy to have another set of kenkus:

1088-2-1482514055.jpg

Exporting the animations though time consuming is not difficult. But before doing that, I need to add the various NWN2 attachment points (for shields, weapons, eye effects, etc...). So the kenkus and aarakocras will be ported to NWN2, but it's unlikely to take place before a few weeks.

Here's the version with attachment points added:

1088-1-1482532992.jpg

1088-0-1482532992.jpg

There's something weird however: either the weapons are wielded by the tip of the fingers, or directly through the wrist. Moving the ap_hand_right slightly up or down doesn't change anything: it's like the position is rounded to the nearest integer. First time I see this...

Personally, I would be happy with the creature even if the weapon is wielded at its fingertips. :smile: At the worst, I could create a special weapon or object for it to wield, with an offset centre to correct for the attachment point offset. After all, I would want to give this unique creature a unique weapon anyway.

Edited by Tchos

I am super excited for that octopus.. I really need an "old god" looking creature..

Great! I learnt a few things about 3ds max and how NWN2 deals with animated objects, so I probably will be able to solve the few issues I had when I put this project on hold. I'll finish the dragons and the kenkus first, so I don't have too many unfinished projects on.

Personally, I would be happy with the creature even if the weapon is wielded at its fingertips. :smile: At the worst, I could create a special weapon or object for it to wield, with an offset centre to correct for the attachment point offset. After all, I would want to give this unique creature a unique weapon anyway.

In that case, I'll then consider that the attachment points are good enough and start exporting the animations.